Match 5: India v Pakistan | Squads | Players to watch | Fantasy Playing XI | Live streaming

The fifth women’s T20I in the 2022 Commonwealth Games will be played between India and Pakistan on July 31 at Edgbaston in Birmingham. The match will start at 3.30 PM IST.

Match 5: India v Pakistan Women | Squads | Players to watch | Fantasy Playing XI | Live streaming
Match 5: India v Pakistan Women | Squads | Players to watch | Fantasy Playing XI | Live streaming

Squads

India: Harmanpreet Kaur (c), Smriti Mandhana, Shafali Verma, Sabbhineni Meghana, Taniya Sapna Bhatia, Yastika Bhatia, Deepti Sharma, Rajeshwari Gayakwad, Pooja Vastrakar, Meghna Singh, Renuka Thakur, Jemimah Rodrigues, Radha Yadav, Harleen Deol, Sneh Rana

Pakistan: Bismah Maroof (c), Aiman Anwar, Aliya Riaz, Anam Amin, Ayesha Naseem, Diana Baig, Fatima Sana, Gull Feroza, Iram Javed, Kainat Imtiaz, Muneeba Ali Siddiqui, Nida Dar, Omaima Sohail, Sadia Iqbal, Tuba Hassan

Last 5 performances

While India have won two out of their last five matches, and lost three, Pakistan, on the other hand, have won one, lost one, with three matches not producing a result.

Head-to-Head

India and Pakistan have played 11 T20Is against each other, out of which India have won nine and Pakistan have won two.

Players to watch

Harmanpreet Kaur: 

The captain of India top scored with 52 runs off 34 balls in her last match against Australia. The right-handed middle order batter smashed eight boundaries and a six in her entertaining knock.  

Shafali Verma: 

The right-handed opening batter of India got the team to a flying start as she muscled 48 runs off 33 balls in her last outing against Australia. She smashed nine boundaries in her innings and was there in the middle till the 12th over.

Renuka Singh Thakur: 

The right arm speedster from India registered her T20I career best figures in her last appearance against Australia. She opened the bowling and scalped 18/4 in four overs. She picked up all her wickets inside the powerplay.

Also Read:  Smriti Mandhana enrolls for B. Com Course

Nida Dar: 

The experienced all-rounder from Pakistan led the run chase from the front in the last match against Barbados. The right-handed middle order batter mustered an unbeaten half-century, however failed to see her side home. She also bowled her full quota of four overs and conceded 25 runs.

Fatima Sana: 

The right arm medium pace bowler of Pakistan was the most successful bowler in the last game against Barbados. Though she went for 41 runs in her four overs, she claimed two wickets, which was the most by any Pakistani bowler in that match.  

Bismah Maroof: 

The captain of Pakistan is a quality left-handed middle order batter. She scored 12 runs off 28 balls in her last outing against Barbados. However, with close to 2500 T20I runs under her belt, she will be the key to Pakistan’s batting.

Pitch

Expect a belter of a wicket with plenty of runs on offer. Winning the toss and bat first could be the order of the day. While there is not much for the bowlers, consistency with lines and lengths and variations could be the key.

Weather

The weather is expected to see variable cloudiness with brief showers. The maximum temperature forecast is 22 degrees Celsius. There will be 70 percent cloud cover and 84 percent chance of rain. The wind will blow from the north-west.

Fantasy Playing XI

Muneeba Ali, Yastika Bhatia, Shafali Verma, Smriti Mandhana, Bismah Maroof, Harmanpreet Kaur, Nida Dar, Deepti Sharma, Renuka Singh Thakur, Fatima Sana, Diana Baig

Upcoming milestones

• Harmanpreet Kaur is 37 runs away from completing 2500 T20I runs. She will become the 1st Indian and seventh overall to achieve the feat in women’s T20Is.
  • Rajeshwari Gayakwad is 5 wickets away from completing 50 T20I wickets. She will become the 6th Indian to do so.
  • Iram Javed will play her 50th T20I. She will become the 13th player from Pakistan to reach the milestone.
Also Read:  World Cup 2022: SWOT Analysis of Pakistan Women's Team

Match details

Date: July 31, 2022

Time: 3.30PM IST

Venue: Edgbaston, Birmingham

Live streaming: Sony LIV, Sony TEN

Follow Female Cricket on Instagram and Twitter for all the latest news and updates

I am a former cricketer having represented Mumbai University at All India University level. I was a part of MCA probables for the U-19 and U-23 age group. I have been an avid cricket writer for the last five years. Currently I am pursuing my Ph.D from IIT Bombay.

Join Our WhatsApp Channel Join Now
Follow us on Instagram Join Now

Liked the story? Leave a comment here