Match 16: Indonesia U19 v West Indies U19 | Squads | Players to Watch | Fantasy Playing XI | Live streaming

The 16th match of the inaugural edition of the ICC Women’s U19 T20 World Cup will be played between Indonesia and the West Indies on January 17 at North-West University No1 Ground in Potchefstroom, South Africa. The game will begin at 5.15 PM IST (1.45 PM LOCAL).

Match 16: Indonesia U19 v West Indies U19 | Squads | Players to Watch | Fantasy Playing XI | Live streaming

Both teams will play their second game in the tournament. While Indonesia have not had the best of starts, losing their first game to New Zealand by 10 wickets, the West Indies, on the other hand, have had a positive start winning against Ireland by eight runs.

Squads

Indonesia: Ni Luh Ketut Wesika Ratna Dewi (c), Thersiana Feibrene Catrina Penu Weo (vc), Ni Kadek Ariani, Yessny Yolanda Djahilepang, Sang Ayu Ketut Puspita Dewi, Lie Qiao, I Gusti Sandya Febri Pratiwi, Ni Kadek Devi Murtiari, Ni Putu Cantika, Ni Kadek Dwi Indriyani, Desi Wulandari, Ni Made Suarniasih, Gusti Ayu Made Ratna Ulansari, Dewa Ayu Sasrikayoni, Kadek Ayu Kurniartini

West Indies: Ashmini Munisar (c), Asabi Callendar, Jahzara Claxton, Naijanni Cumberbatch, Earnisha Fontaine, Jannillea Glasgow, Realanna Grimmond, Trishan Holder, Zaida James, Djenaba Joseph, K D Jazz Mitchell, Shalini Samaroo, Shunelle Sawh, Lena Scott, Abini St Jean

Players to Watch

Desi Wulandari:

Player Profile of Desi Wulandari - U19 Indonesia Cricketer on Female Cricket. PC: Getty Images
Player Profile of Desi Wulandari – U19 Indonesia Cricketer on Female Cricket. PC: Getty Images

The right-handed middle-order batter of Indonesia Women’s U19 top-scored with an unbeaten 16 off 35 in her last appearance against New Zealand Women’s U19. She put up a strong fight when wickets were tumbling all around her. Besides her batting, she can roll her arm over to bowl right-arm seam.

Ni Luh Ketut Wesika Ratna Dewi: 

Player Profile of Ni Luh Ketut Dewi - U19 Indonesia Cricketer on Female Cricket. PC: Getty Images
Player Profile of Ni Luh Ketut Dewi – U19 Indonesia Cricketer on Female Cricket. PC: Getty Images

The captain of Indonesia Women’s U19 is a talented all-rounder. This right-handed top-order batter scored 12 off 26 in her last match against New Zealand Women’s U19. She opened the bowling and bowled a couple of overs, giving away 12 runs.

Also Read:  Match 19: South Africa U19 v UAE U19 | Squads | Players to Watch | Fantasy Playing XI | Live streaming

Zaida James: 

Player Profile of Zaida James - U19 West Indies Cricketer on Female Cricket. PC: Getty Images
Player Profile of Zaida James – U19 West Indies Cricketer on Female Cricket. PC: Getty Images

The star all-rounder of the West Indies Women’s U19 won the player of the match award in her last outing against Ireland Women’s U19. The left-handed opening batter muscled 52 off 57, including eight boundaries. She also claimed 20/4 in four overs, bowling left-arm spin.

Naijanni Cumberbatch:

Player Profile of Naijanni Cumberbatch - U19 West Indies Cricketer on Female Cricket. PC: Getty Images
Player Profile of Naijanni Cumberbatch – U19 West Indies Cricketer on Female Cricket. PC: Getty Images

The right-handed top-order batter of the West Indies Women’s U19 mustered an unbeaten 21 off 27 in the last fixture against Ireland Women’s U19. In the process, she played the anchor’s role and stitched a crucial 45-run partnership with Zaida James for the second wicket.

Pitch

It will be the fourth game of the competition at this venue, with the third being played early in the day. Out of the two games played here on January 15, the team batting first won one, and the team batting second won the other. Expect batting-friendly conditions and plenty of runs on offer.

Weather

The weather is expected to be mostly cloudy and hot. The maximum temperature attained during the day will be 33 degrees Celsius. There will be a 33 percent cloud cover and a zero percent chance of rain. The wind will blow from the north-northeast.

Fantasy Playing XI

Shunelle Sawh, I-Gusti Pratiwi, Naijanni Cumberbatch, Ni Indriyani, Trishan Holder, Ashmini Munisar, Ni Luh Ketut Wesika Ratna Dewi, Desi Wulandari, Zaida James, Jannillea Glasgow, Ni Suarniasih

Match details

Date: January 17, 2023

Time: 5.15 PM IST (1.45 PM LOCAL)

Venue: North-West University No1 Ground, Potchefstroom, South Africa

Live streaming: Fan Code

Follow Female Cricket on Instagram and Twitter for all the latest news and updates

I am a former cricketer having represented Mumbai University at All India University level. I was a part of MCA probables for the U-19 and U-23 age group. I have been an avid cricket writer for the last five years. Currently I am pursuing my Ph.D from IIT Bombay.

Also Read:  West Indies U19 on a roll with a crucial win against Indonesia by 77 Runs
Join Our WhatsApp Channel Join Now
Follow us on Instagram Join Now

Liked the story? Leave a comment here