Warm-Up Match 8: West Indies U19 v England U19 | Squads | Players to Watch | Fantasy Playing XI 

The eighth warm-up match of the ICC Women’s U19 T20 World Cup will be played between West Indies and England on January 9 at Hammanskraal Oval in Pretoria, South Africa. The game will begin at 5.15 PM IST (1.45 PM LOCAL).

Warm-Up Match 8: West Indies U19 v England U19 | Squads | Players to Watch | Fantasy Playing XI 

Squads

West Indies: Ashmini Munisar (c), Asabi Callendar, Jahzara Claxton, Naijanni Cumberbatch, Earnisha Fontaine, Jannillea Glasgow, Realanna Grimmond, Trishan Holder, Zaida James, Djenaba Joseph, K D Jazz Mitchell, Shalini Samaroo, Shunelle Sawh, Lena Scott, Abini St Jean

England: Ellie Anderson, Hannah Baker, Josie Groves, Liberty Heap, Niamh Holland, Ryana MacDonald-Gay, Emma Marlow, Charis Pavely, Davina Perrin, Lizzie Scott, Grace Scrivens, Sophia Smale, Seren Smale, Alexa Stonehouse, Maddie Ward

Players to Watch

Ashmini Munisar: 

The captain of West Indies Women’s U19 is a talented batting all-rounder who is a right-handed batter and a right-arm off-spinner. She has led the team in a couple of series played towards the end of the last year in India. She is an experienced campaigner and will be expected to lead from the front.

Djenaba Joseph: 

She is a right-handed top batter of West Indies Women’s U19 who has already played international cricket. She made her debut for West Indies last year and featured in four T20Is. She has been a prolific performer at the domestic level.

Grace Scrivens: 

She is a promising all-rounder of England Women’s U19. She has played a lot of domestic cricket for Kent and has made valuable contributions with bat and ball. She has also featured for the London Spirit in the Hundred and has experience playing alongside international stars.

Seren Smale: 

She is a right-handed opening batter of England Women’s U19, who plays her domestic cricket for Lancashire and North West Thunder. Before this, she played for Cheshire at the county level, making her debut in 2019. Besides her batting, she can keep wickets.

Also Read:  UAE U19 defeats Scotland in the second match of the ICC U19 Women’s World Cup 

Pitch

It will be the tournament’s second game at the venue, with the first fixture being played early in the day. Expect a relatively new surface that will be hard and offer plenty of runs. Batters will enjoy playing here. On the other hand, bowlers will have to stick to the basics to get good returns.

Weather

The weather is expected to be mostly sunny, pleasant, and warmer. The maximum temperature attained during the day will be 30 degrees Celsius. There will be an 18 percent cloud cover and a three percent chance of rain. The wind will blow from the north-northwest.

Fantasy Playing XI

Maddie Ward, Shunelle Sawh, Davina Perrin, Grace Scrivens, Seren Smale, Ashmini Munisar, Djenaba Joseph, Liberty Heap, Jannillea Glasgow, Ryana Macdonald-Gay, Shalini Samaroo

Match details

Date: January 9, 2023

Time: 5.15 PM IST (1.45 PM LOCAL)

Venue: Hammanskraal Oval in Pretoria, South Africa

Follow Female Cricket on Instagram and Twitter for all the latest news and updates

I am a former cricketer having represented Mumbai University at All India University level. I was a part of MCA probables for the U-19 and U-23 age group. I have been an avid cricket writer for the last five years. Currently I am pursuing my Ph.D from IIT Bombay.

Join Our WhatsApp Channel Join Now
Follow us on Instagram Join Now

Liked the story? Leave a comment here