Qualification Criteria and Schedule for ICC U19 Women’s T20 World Cup Qualifiers?

The inaugural ICC U19 Women’s T20 World Cup will be played in South Africa in January 2023. The qualification process for this marquee event kick starts from June 3. A total of 16 teams will participate in the ICC U19 Women’s T20 World Cup next year. As of now, 11 teams have already qualified. These 11 teams are ICC’s full member nations, including Australia, Bangladesh, England, India, Ireland, New Zealand, Pakistan, South Africa, Sri Lanka, West Indies and Zimbabwe.

Qualification Criteria and Schedule for ICC U19 Women’s T20 World Cup Qualifiers?

There are just five spots remaining. Out of the five spots, four will be determined by the regional qualifiers and the fifth spot will be taken by the USA. USA is the only associate nation which is eligible to compete in ICC events in the Americas region.

For the regional qualifiers, 19 teams will fight it out for the four sports. The Asia qualifiers that will be played from June 3 to June 9 in Malaysia will mark the start of the regional qualifiers for the ICC U19 Women’s T20 World Cup. Six teams, including Bhutan, Malaysia, Nepal, Thailand, Qatar and UAE will compete against each other in the Asia qualifiers for that one spot.

Similarly, two teams, namely Indonesia and PNG will play the EAP qualifiers in July 2022 in Indonesia, two teams, namely Scotland and Netherlands will play the Europe qualifiers in August 2022 in Netherlands and finally the Africa qualifiers will take place in Botswana in September 2022 that will see nine teams, including Botswana, Malawi, Mozambique, Namibia, Nigeria, Rwanda, Sierra Leone, Tanzania and Uganda.

Schedule – U19 Women’s T20 World Cup Qualifiers

Date Event Host Number of participants Number of teams that will qualify Teams
June 3 – June 9, 2022 ICC U19 Women’s T20 World Cup Asia Qualifier Malaysia 6 1 Bhutan, Malaysia, Nepal, Thailand, Qatar, UAE
July 3 – July 5, 2022 ICC U19 Women’s T20 World Cup EAP Qualifier Indonesia 2 1 Indonesia, PNG
August 9 – August 11, 2022 ICC U19 Women’s T20 World Cup Europe Qualifier Netherlands 2 1 Scotland, Netherlands
September 2022 ICC U19 Women’s T20 World Cup Africa Qualifier Botswana 9 1 Botswana, Malawi, Mozambique, Namibia, Nigeria, Rwanda, Sierra Leone, Tanzania, Uganda
Also Read:  Super Six Group 1: Australia U19 v UAE U19 | Squads | Players to Watch | Fantasy Playing XI | Live streaming

Follow Female Cricket on Instagram and Twitter for all the latest news and updates

I am a former cricketer having represented Mumbai University at All India University level. I was a part of MCA probables for the U-19 and U-23 age group. I have been an avid cricket writer for the last five years. Currently I am pursuing my Ph.D from IIT Bombay.

Join Our WhatsApp Channel Join Now
Follow us on Instagram Join Now

Liked the story? Leave a comment here