Ireland Women’s Squad for home series against South Africa Announced

Cricket Ireland (CI) has announced the 14-member squad for the upcoming white-ball home series against South Africa. The bilateral series will begin with three T20Is starting from June 3 followed by three ODIs, the last match of which will be played on June 17. The three ODIs will be part of the ICC Women’s Championship (IWC).

ICC Women's T20 World Cup Qualifiers - Ireland Women squad announced
Ireland Women’s squad announced

Ireland squad: Gaby Lewis (captain), Alana Dalzell, Rachel Delaney, Georgina Dempsey, Sarah Forbes, Shauna Kavanagh, Arlene Kelly, Sophie MacMahon, Jane Maguire, Kate McEvoy, Cara Murray, Leah Paul, Celeste Raack, Mary Waldron

Ireland’s Squad Profile

Gaby Lewis: In the absence of regular captain Laura Delany, Gaby Lewis will lead Ireland in the South Africa series. She is a right-handed batter and a right arm leg spinner. She has played 22 ODIs and 48 T20Is since her international debut in 2014, scoring 505 runs and 995 runs respectively. With the ball, she has 13 wickets to her name.

Alana Dalzell: She is a right-handed batter and right arm seamer who plays her domestic cricket for Scorchers in Ireland. This batting all-rounder is yet to make her international debut. In the past, she has been a part of the Irish training squads.

Rachel Delaney: Since making her international debut in 2017, she has featured in six ODIs and four T20Is for Ireland. She is a right-handed batter and a right arm off-spinner. She has 42 runs in six ODI innings and 10 T20I runs in two innings. With the ball, she has six international wickets.

Georgina Dempsey: This right-handed batter and right arm medium pace bowler made her international debut for Ireland in 2021. Since then, she has played three ODIs and as many T20Is. Still new in her international career, she will be looking to make the most of the opportunity in the South Africa series.

Also Read:  Match 8: Scorchers vs Typhoons | Squads | Players to watch | Fantasy Playing XI | Live streaming

Sarah Forbes: She is a right-handed batter, who plays her domestic cricket for Typhoons. She is yet to make her international debut.

Shauna Kavanagh: She is one of the most experienced players in the Ireland team. Since her international debut in 2011, she has played 22 ODIs and 49 T20Is. This right-handed batter has registered more than 475 international runs. Apart from her batting, she can bowl right arm medium pace occasionally. She has one international wicket to her name.

Arlene Kelly: This right-handed batter from Auckland is known for her attacking style of play. She was called to play for the Dragons as a overseas player in the 2022 Arachas Super Series in Ireland. In the past, she played for Malahide Cricket Club during her time in Ireland. Apart from her batting, she can bowl right-arm medium pace.

Sophie MacMahon: She is a right arm speedster, who has been around at the international level since 2017. She has represented Ireland in five ODIs and 19 T20Is. She has 16 international wickets to her name and the best score of 29 in an ODI. She bats right-handed.

Jane Maguire: This right arm quick bowler made her ODI debut in 2021 and has played four matches. In the four ODI innings, she has bagged three wickets. She is yet to make her T20I debut. She is also a right-handed batter.

Kate McEvoy: She is a right-handed batter and a right-arm medium-pace bowler, who plays her domestic cricket for Scorchers in Ireland. She is yet to make her international debut.

Also Read:  Match 2: Ireland v South Africa | Squads | Players to watch | Fantasy Playing XI

Cara Murray: She is a right arm leg spinner, who made her international debut in 2018. Since then, she has been a part of seven ODIs and 10 T20Is. She has claimed 20 international wickets, including the best of three wickets in each of ODI and T20I innings. She is also a right-handed batter.

Leah Paul: She is a genuine all-rounder, who is a left-handed batter and a left-arm spinner. Since her international debut in 2017, she has played nine ODIs and 20 T20Is. With the bat, she has scored more than 300 international runs, including a couple of half-centuries and with the ball, she has bagged 22 international wickets, including one four-wicket haul.

Celeste Raack: She is a right arm leg spinner, who made her international debut in 2018. Since then, she has featured in five ODIs and 19 T20Is. With the ball, she has 20 international wickets under her belt.

Mary Waldron: This right-handed batter and wicket-keeper is the most experienced player in the Ireland side. She has featured in 44 ODIs and 68 T20Is since her international debut in 2010. She has mustered close to 800 international runs. Apart from her batting, she is known to be a safe house behind the stumps.

Follow Female Cricket on Instagram and Twitter for all the latest news and updates

I am a former cricketer having represented Mumbai University at All India University level. I was a part of MCA probables for the U-19 and U-23 age group. I have been an avid cricket writer for the last five years. Currently I am pursuing my Ph.D from IIT Bombay.

Join Our WhatsApp Channel Join Now
Follow us on Instagram Join Now

Liked the story? Leave a comment here