Match 1: Pakistan v Sri Lanka Women | Squads | Players to watch | Fantasy Playing XI

The first T20I of the three-match series between Pakistan and Sri Lanka will be played on May 24 at the Southend Club Cricket Stadium in Karachi.

Head-to-Head – Match 1: Pakistan v Sri Lanka Women

Match 1: Pakistan v Sri Lanka Women | Squads | Players to watch | Fantasy Playing XI.  PC: TheRealPCB / Twitter
Match 1: Pakistan v Sri Lanka Women | Squads | Players to watch | Fantasy Playing XI. PC: TheRealPCB / Twitter

Pakistan and Sri Lanka have played 13 T20Is against each other and both the teams have won six matches each with one match producing no result.

Squads

Pakistan: Bismah Maroof (captain), Aiman Anwar, Aliya Riaz, Anam Amin, Ayesha Naseem, Diana Baig, Fatima Sana, Gull Feroza, Iram Javed, Kainat Imtiaz, Muneeba Ali Siddiqui, Nida Dar, Omaima Sohail, Sadia Iqbal, Tuba Hassan

Sri Lanka: Chamari Athapaththu (c), Hasini Perera, Harshitha Samarawickrama, Imesha Dulani, Prasadani Weerakkody, Nilakshi de Silva, Kavisha Dilhari, Ama Kanchana, Achini Kulasuriya, Inoka Ranaweera, Udeshika Prabodhani, Sugandika Kumari, Sachini Nisansala, Oshadhi Ranasinghe, Anushka Sanjeewani

Players to watch out for

Bismah Maroof:

Player Profile of Bismah Maroof in Women's Cricket World Cup 2022. PC: FemaleCricket.com
Player Profile of Bismah Maroof in Women’s Cricket World Cup 2022. PC: FemaleCricket.com

The captain of Pakistan is a left-handed batter and a right arm leg spinner. She has 115 ODIs under her belt. She has scored 2793 runs, including 15 half-centuries, at an average of 28.50. With the ball, she has 44 wickets in 65 innings, including the best of 4-7. She is a genuine all-rounder and a good leader. Apart from this, she has played 108 T20Is, scored 2225 runs and picked 36 wickets.

Nida Dar:

Player Profile of Nida Dar in Women's Cricket World Cup 2022. PC: FemaleCricket.com
Player Profile of Nida Dar in Women’s Cricket World Cup 2022. PC: FemaleCricket.com

She is one of the finest bowling all-rounders in the world. She is a right-handed batter and a right arm off spinner. She has featured in 91 ODIs for Pakistan and has mustered 1408 runs in 82 innings, including 10 half-centuries. The wily spinner has 84 wickets in 90 innings, including the best of 4-10. She has also featured in 108 T20Is, scored 1207 runs and picked 103 wickets.

Also Read:  Bismah Maroof gives interview to PCB before team’s departure for South Africa tour

Chamari Athapaththu:

Chamari Atapattu. Women's T20 World Cup 2020
Chamari Atapattu. Women’s T20 World Cup 2020

The captain of Sri Lanka is the leading run getter across ODIs and T20Is for the team. The left-handed opening batter has close to 4500 international runs, including six centuries and 18 half-centuries. Apart from her batting, she is more than a handy right arm off spinner. She has bagged 53 international wickets.

Ama Kanchana:

Ama Kanchana. Women's T20 World Cup 2020
Ama Kanchana. Women’s T20 World Cup 2020

She is a talented all-rounder who has been around at the international level since 2013. In her 64 international appearances, she has recorded close to 450 runs and 36 wickets. She is a right-handed batter and a right arm seamer.

Pitch

The venue has hosted five women’s T20Is so far. The teams batting first have won four with one match ending in a tie. The highest total scored is 160 and the lowest total scored is 80. The average first innings score is 136 and the average second innings score is 107. The wicket is expected to offer a good contest between bat and ball.

Weather

The weather is expected to be very warm with plenty of sunshine. It will be breezy in the afternoon. The average temperature will be around 37 degrees Celsius. As per the forecast, there is no chance of rain. The wind will blow from the west.

Fantasy Playing XI

Muneeba Ali, Bismah Maroof, Hasini Perera, Omaima Sohail, Ama Kanchana, Chamari Athapaththu, Nida Dar, Anam Amin, Diana Baig, Inoka Ranaweera, Udeshika Prabodhani

Match details

Date: May 24, 2022

Time: 2.30pm IST

Venue: Southend Club Cricket Stadium, Karachi

Follow Female Cricket on Instagram and Twitter for all the latest news and updates

I am a former cricketer having represented Mumbai University at All India University level. I was a part of MCA probables for the U-19 and U-23 age group. I have been an avid cricket writer for the last five years. Currently I am pursuing my Ph.D from IIT Bombay.

Also Read:  Match 2: Pakistan v Sri Lanka Women | Squads | Players to watch | Fantasy Playing XI
Join Our WhatsApp Channel Join Now
Follow us on Instagram Join Now

Liked the story? Leave a comment here