Gull Feroza, Tuba Hassan and Sadaf Shamas included in Pakistan squad for Sri Lanka Series

Ahead of the Sri Lanka series, the Pakistan Cricket Board (PCB) announced women’s ODI and T20I squads. Bismah Maroof will lead both outfits. While the 15-member ODI squad does not feature any uncapped player, the 15-member T20I squad features two in Gull Feroza and Tuba Hassan.

The bilateral series will be played between May 24 and June 5 in Karachi. Pakistan and Sri Lanka will lock horns against each other in a three-match T20I series followed by a three-match ODI series.

Women's PSL to begin with 4 Teams in 2023
Women’s PSL to begin with 4 Teams in 2023

Pakistan’s ODI squad for the Sri Lanka tour

Bismah Maroof (captain), Aiman Anwar, Aliya Riaz, Anam Amin, Diana Baig, Fatima Sana, Ghulam Fatima, Gull Feroza, Muneeba Ali Siddiqui, Nida Dar, Omaima Sohail, Sadaf Shamas, Sadia Iqbal, Sidra Amin, Sidra Nawaz.

Pakistan’s T20I squad for the Sri Lanka tour

Bismah Maroof (captain), Aiman Anwar, Aliya Riaz, Anam Amin, Ayesha Naseem, Diana Baig, Fatima Sana, Gull Feroza, Iram Javed, Kainat Imtiaz, Muneeba Ali Siddiqui, Nida Dar, Omaima Sohail, Sadia Iqbal, Tuba Hassan.

Squad Profile

Bismah Maroof:

The captain of Pakistan is a left-handed batter and a right-arm leg spinner. She has 115 ODIs under her belt. She has scored 2793 runs, including 15 half-centuries, at an average of 28.50. With the ball, she has 44 wickets in 65 innings, including the best of 4-7. She is a genuine all-rounder and a good leader. Apart from this, she has played 108 T20Is, scored 2225 runs, and picked 36 wickets.

Aiman Anwer:

She is a right-arm quick, who has played eight ODIs for Pakistan since her debut in 2016. She has accounted for four wickets in eight innings. She was a part of the World Cup squad this year. Apart from this, she has featured in 22 T20Is and picked 23 wickets.

Aliya Riaz:

She is a batting all-rounder, who is a right-handed batter and a right arm seamer. She has featured in 45 ODIs for Pakistan since her debut in 2014. With the bat, she has 865 runs in 42 innings and with the ball, she has seven wickets in 27 innings. In T20Is, she scored 544 runs in 40 innings and accounted for 17 wickets in 29.

Anam Amin:

This left-arm spinner has been one of the most successful bowlers for Pakistan in the recent past. She is a disciplined bowler and more often than not pitches the ball in the right area to get the most from the wicket. In 33 ODIs that she has played, she has picked up 46 wickets, including one five-wicket haul and three four-wicket hauls. She has also featured in 57 T20Is and scalped as many wickets.

Diana Baig:

She is a bowling all-rounder, who has been a consistent performer for Pakistan since her debut in 2015. With 42 ODIs under her belt, she has scalped 40 wickets, including the best of 4-30. She is more than handy with the bat and has the best score of 35 not out.

Also Read:  Match 1: Pakistan v Sri Lanka Women | Squads | Players to watch | Fantasy Playing XI

Fatima Sana:

She is a good young all-rounder, who made her international debut for Pakistan in 2019. She has played 22 ODIs. The right-handed batter has scored 177 runs, including the best of 28 not out. With the ball, she has 28 wickets, bowling right arm seam.

Ghulam Fatima:

She was last seen in the World Cup that was played in New Zealand early this year. She is a right arm leg spinner and has accounted for nine wickets in five ODIs, including the best of 3-28. She has also played a couple of T20Is for Pakistan.

Gull Feroza:

She plays her domestic cricket for Higher Education Commission, PCB Green, PCB Blasters and Multan in Pakistan. She is a right handed middle order batter and is yet to make her international debut.

Muneeba Ali:

She is a left handed top order batter. The stylish southpaw has played 21 ODIs for Pakistan since her debut in 2016 and has mustered 453 runs, including one half-century. She can also keep wickets if required. Apart from this, she has 22 T20Is under her belt and has muscled 178 runs.

Nida Dar:

She is one of the finest bowling all-rounders in the world. She is a right handed batter and a right arm off spinner. She has featured in 91 ODIs for Pakistan and has mustered 1408 runs in 82 innings, including 10 half-centuries. The wily spinner has 84 wickets in 90 innings, including the best of 4-10. She has also featured in 108 T20Is, scored 1207 runs and picked 103 wickets.

Omaima Sohail:

She is a right handed batter and a right arm seamer. She has 588 ODI runs in 28 innings, including three half centuries. She also has 12 ODI wickets in 18 innings, in which she has bowled. She is more than a handy all-rounder. She also has 26 T20Is under her belt in which she has registered 315 runs and scalped a solitary wicket.

Sadaf Shamas:

She plays her domestic cricket for Higher Education Commission and Lahore. She has featured for three teams, namely PCB Blasters, PCB Challengers and PCB Dynamites in the domestic T20 competition. She is a right handed batter and right arm seamer who is yet to make her international debut.

Sadia Iqbal:

She is a left arm spinner who has played international cricket for Pakistan between 2019 and 2021. She has featured in nine ODIs and four T20Is. She has 14 international wickets to her name. She is also a left-handed batter.

Also Read:  Match 2: Pakistan v Sri Lanka Women | Squads | Players to watch | Fantasy Playing XI

Sidra Amin:

She is a right-handed opening batter, who has featured in 45 ODIs for Pakistan since her debut in 2011. She has mustered 786 runs in 43 innings, including one century and three half centuries. In the ICC Women’s Cricket World Cup that was played in New Zealand early this year, she was the first centurion for Pakistan in the history of Women’s Cricket World Cups. Apart from this, she has played 25 T20Is and mustered 300 runs, including one half century.

Sidra Nawaz:

She is a right handed batter and a wicket-keeper. She has played 57 ODIs for Pakistan since her debut in 2014. She has registered 309 runs in 44 innings, including the best of 47. Behind the stumps she has accounted for 44 dismissals in ODI cricket. She has also featured in 54 T20Is and scored 174 runs in 28 innings.

Ayesha Naseem:

She is a right handed batter who has played international cricket for Pakistan between 2020 and 2021. She has featured in three ODIs and seven T20Is. She has more than 150 international runs to her name and a strike rate of 130+ in T20Is and 97 in ODIs.

Iram Javed:

She is a right handed middle order batter and an occasional right arm seamer who has played international cricket for Pakistan between 2013 and 2021. She has featured in 21 ODIs and 42 T20Is. She has scored more than 500 international runs and has claimed four international wickets.

Kainat Imtiaz:

She is a right handed batter and a right arm seamer who has played international cricket for Pakistan between 2010 and 2021. She has featured in 15 ODIs and as many T20Is. She has 248 international runs and 15 international wickets to her name.

Tuba Hassan:

She is a left handed opening batter and a right arm leg spinner, who has played for Pakistan Emerging Women in 2019. She plays her domestic cricket for Higher Education Commission, Lahore, PCB Dynamites, PCB Strikers and PCB Blasters in Pakistan. She is yet to make her international debut.

Schedule of Sri Lanka Women’s tour of Pakistan

May 24 – First T20I
May 26 – Second T20I
May 28 – Third T20I

Jun 1 – First ODI
Jun 3 – Second ODI
Jun 5 – Third ODI

Follow Female Cricket on Instagram and Twitter for all the latest news and updates

I am a former cricketer having represented Mumbai University at All India University level. I was a part of MCA probables for the U-19 and U-23 age group. I have been an avid cricket writer for the last five years. Currently I am pursuing my Ph.D from IIT Bombay.

Join Our WhatsApp Channel Join Now
Follow us on Instagram Join Now

Liked the story? Leave a comment here