Sri Lanka Women’s tour of Pakistan 2022 for 3 ODIs and 3 T20Is Announced

After the disappointing World cup performance, having won just 1 out of 7 matches in the league stage, the Pakistani women’s cricket team will be back in action soon to course correct and implement the key learnings in the upcoming series against Sri Lanka.

Sri Lanka Women's tour of Pakistan 2022 for 3 ODIs and 3 T20Is Announced. PC: ICC/Getty Images
Sri Lanka Women’s tour of Pakistan 2022 for 3 ODIs and 3 T20Is Announced. PC: ICC/Getty Images

Pakistan will host the Sri Lankan side from 24th May to 5th June 2022. Sri Lanka will be eager to prove themselves on the world stage after being excluded from the women’s world cup organized in New Zealand a few months back owing to their poor ODI Team Rankings.

This will be the new and the third cycle of the ICC Women’s Championship which kick starts for both the teams at the National Stadium of Karachi. This will be the first time that the national side is given to host matches after they hosted West indies for 3 T20I’s back in December 2018. This will also be the first international series in Pakistan that will be played outside the Bio-Bubble environment since the onset of the Covid-19 pandemic in 2020.

Both Pakistan and Sri Lanka will arrive at Karachi on the 19th of May and after having a practice for three days or so will build-up for the historic T20I series starting from the 24th of May

Also Read:  Match 1: Pakistan v Sri Lanka Women | Squads | Players to watch | Fantasy Playing XI

The players, team officials, umpires, and others will undergo an arrival mandatory covid tests and if tested positive will undergo 5 days of isolation before they can join the team again. At the completion of the series, Pakistan will fly to Ireland for a tri-nation T20I series in which they will take on the hosts and T20I champions Australia, before they move to Birmingham, England, for eight-team Commonwealth Games in July.

“It is a great privilege for us to play the ICC Women’s Championship on our home soil and the side is very excited to welcome Sri Lanka. This edition provides us an opportunity to start fresh and make the most of the home advantage. I am sure the team will perform to their fullest potential and the Pakistan cricket fans, who have extended us great support, will get to see better and consistent results.”, Pakistan captain Bismah Maroof said in a press conference after the announcement of the schedule.

This will be a huge opportunity for both sides to earn crucial points and improve their rankings in the points table.

Schedule of Training and matches at Karachi’s Southend Club

19 May – Teams arrive in Karachi

21-23 May – Training

24 May – First T20I

26 May – Second T20I

28 May – Third T20I

1 June – First ODI

3 June – Second ODI

5 June – Third ODI

Loves all things female cricket

Join Our WhatsApp Channel Join Now
Follow us on Instagram Join Now