Match 2: Pakistan v Sri Lanka Women | Squads | Players to watch | Fantasy Playing XI

The second T20I of the three-match series between Pakistan and Sri Lanka will be played on May 26 at the Southend Club Cricket Stadium in Karachi. Pakistan lead the series 1-0.

Match 2: Pakistan v Sri Lanka Women | Squads | Players to watch | Fantasy Playing XI

Head-to-Head 

Pakistan and Sri Lanka have played 14 T20Is against each other with Pakistan winning seven, Sri Lanka winning six, and one match producing no result.

Squads

Pakistan: Bismah Maroof (captain), Aiman Anwar, Aliya Riaz, Anam Amin, Ayesha Naseem, Diana Baig, Fatima Sana, Gull Feroza, Iram Javed, Kainat Imtiaz, Muneeba Ali Siddiqui, Nida Dar, Omaima Sohail, Sadia Iqbal, Tuba Hassan

Sri Lanka: Chamari Athapaththu (c), Hasini Perera, Harshitha Samarawickrama, Imesha Dulani, Prasadani Weerakkody, Nilakshi de Silva, Kavisha Dilhari, Ama Kanchana, Achini Kulasuriya, Inoka Ranaweera, Udeshika Prabodhani, Sugandika Kumari, Sachini Nisansala, Oshadhi Ranasinghe, Anushka Sanjeewani

Players to watch out for

Tuba Hassan:

The leg spinner who made her international debut for Pakistan in the last match against Sri Lanka won the player of the match for her brilliant bowling performance. She claimed 3-8 in four overs, including one maiden. She was the most successful and most economical bowler for Pakistan.

Nida Dar:

The all-rounder made useful contributions with both bat and ball for Pakistan in the first T20I against Sri Lanka. She scored 36 not out off 27 balls and with the ball bowled her full quota of four overs conceding just the 17 runs. She is a solid middle-order batter and an effective off-spinner.

Oshadi Ranasinghe: 

The right arm seamer was the pick of the bowlers for Sri Lanka in her last outing against Pakistan. She struck with 2-20 in 3.2 overs, including seven dot balls. She bowled well inside the powerplay and in the middle overs.

Also Read:  Chamari Atapattu scores a majestic 178 in 143 balls against Australia women

Nilakshi de Silva: 

The right-handed middle-order batter starred with the bat as she muscled 25 runs off 22 balls, including one boundary and one six. She helped Sri Lanka to post a respectable score on board against Pakistan in the first T20I.

Pitch

In the last match that was played here, just over 200 runs were scored. Batting did not look that easy. A total of 12 wickets fell out of which spinners scalped eight. The venue is expected to offer an exciting contest between bat and ball.

Weather

The weather is expected to be mainly cloudy and windy. The average temperature will be around 34 degrees Celsius. As per the forecast, there is 25 percent chance of rain and 56 percent cloud cover. The wind will blow from the west-southwest.

Fantasy Playing XI

Muneeba Ali, Bismah Maroof, Hasini Perera, Omaima Sohail, Nilakshi de Silva, Chamari Athapaththu, Nida Dar, Anam Amin, Tuba Hassan, Inoka Ranaweera, Oshadi Ranasinghe

Match details

Date: May 26, 2022

Time: 2.30pm IST

Venue: Southend Club Cricket Stadium, Karachi

Follow Female Cricket on Instagram and Twitter for all the latest news and updates

I am a former cricketer having represented Mumbai University at All India University level. I was a part of MCA probables for the U-19 and U-23 age group. I have been an avid cricket writer for the last five years. Currently I am pursuing my Ph.D from IIT Bombay.

Join Our WhatsApp Channel Join Now
Follow us on Instagram Join Now

Liked the story? Leave a comment here