Watch Highlights: Sri Lanka dominates Ireland in 1st T20I with Harshita Samarawickrama’s unbeaten 86*

Sri Lanka is touring Ireland for a limited-overs series, consisting of a two-match T20I series followed by three One-Day Internationals (ODIs). The series commenced on August 11th and will conclude on August 20th, with the two T20Is being played in Dublin and the three ODIs in Belfast. Sri Lanka registered a win in the series opener, the 1st T20I, to secure the series. Fans can scroll down below for the match highlights.

Watch Highlights: Sri Lanka dominates Ireland in 1st T20I with Harshita Samarawickrama's unbeaten 86*. PC: Getty
Watch Highlights: Sri Lanka dominates Ireland in 1st T20I with Harshita Samarawickrama’s unbeaten 86*. PC: Getty

The visitors elected to bowl first and restricted the Irish side to a score of 145, which ultimately proved insufficient as Sri Lanka chased down the required comfortably, with 20 balls and 7 wickets to spare.

Highlights of the match:

Harshita Samarawickrama 86* (45) (Sri Lanka):

It was a batting masterclass by Harshita Samarawickrama that led Sri Lanka to a thumping win over Ireland. The left-handed batter smashed an unbeaten 86 off 45 balls and was involved in an 83-run opening stand with Vishmi Gunaratne. She hit 15 boundaries and one six at an explosive strike rate of 191.11. For her stellar innings, she was rewarded with the Player of the Match award.

Gaby Lewis 39 (Ireland):

The Irish opener was the top scorer for her side during the first T20I against Sri Lanka. Gaby Lewis was involved in a 59-run stand for the second wicket alongside Orla Prendergast. The right-handed batter struck five boundaries during her innings, which helped her side post a competitive total of 145.

Also Read:  1st T20I: Ireland vs Sri Lanka | Squads | Players to watch | Fantasy Playing XI | Live Streaming | Pitch Report

To place your bets and earn real money, click on the image and sign up now:

Stake Cricket Banner

Inoshi Priyadarshani 2/35 (Sri Lanka):

The experienced Lankan spinner grabbed two wickets against the hosts. Inoshi’s first wicket came in the form of Orla Prendergast, following a stumping that broke the 59-run stand between Prendergast and Gaby Lewis for the second wicket, and then dismissed Leah Paul for six runs, finishing with figures of 2 for 35.

Laura Delany 25 & 1/16 (Ireland):

The Irish skipper put up an all-round performance, contributing in both departments. Initially, with the bat, Laura Delany came in at number four, scoring 25 runs with two boundaries before the right-handed batter was unfortunately dismissed via run-out in the nineteenth over. Later, with the ball, she took the wicket of Kavisha Dilhari, finishing with figures of 1/16 (2).

Watch Highlights:Ireland Women vs Sri Lanka Women | 1st T20I

Liked the story? Leave a comment here

Sierra Leone Women’s National Cricket Team Belize Women’s National Cricket Team Namibia Women’s National Cricket Team Profile
Most Popular Female Cricketers on Instagram List of 10 Brother-Sister pair in Cricket Husband-Wife Pair in Cricket