2nd T20I: Pakistan vs South Africa | Squads | Players to Watch | Fantasy Playing XI | Live Streaming | Pitch Report

Multan Cricket Stadium, Multan, will host the 2nd Twenty20 International (T20I) of the ongoing 3-match series between Pakistan and visitors South Africa on the 18th of September 2024, at 7:30 PM Indian Standard Time (IST). With a record of 10 wins and 11 losses in 21 games against South Africa, the hosts will aim to improve their standing in this matchup.

2nd T20I Pakistan vs South Africa
2nd T20I Pakistan vs South Africa

Squads:

Pakistan – Fatima Sana (C), Aliya Riaz, Diana Baig, Gull Feroza, Iram Javed, Muneeba Ali (WK), Nashra Sandhu, Nida Dar, Omaima Sohail, Sadaf Shamas, Sadia Iqbal, Sidra Amin, Syeda Aroob Shah, Tasmia Rubab, Tuba Hassan

South Africa – Laura Wolvaardt (C), Anneke Bosch, Tazmin Brits, Nadine de Klerk, Annerie Dercksen, Mieke de Ridder, Ayanda Hlubi, Sinalo Jafta, Marizanne Kapp, Ayabonga Khaka, Suné Luus, Nonkululeko Mlaba, Seshnie Naidu, Tumi Sekhukhune, Chloe Tryon

Players to watch out:

Gull Feroza

The 25-year-old opening batter has accumulated 254 runs from 13 T20I innings, at an average of 23.09, with a strike rate of 100.79, and registered the highest score of 62*. Gull had a notable campaign in her most recent tournament, the Asia Cup in July, registering successive scores of 57, 62*, and 25, after departing for 5 in the tournament opener. The team will be hopeful that she carries the momentum into this series.

Fatima Sana

The 22-year-old bowling all-rounder has scalped 31 wickets from 39 outings, at an economy rate of 7.30, while adding 215 runs from 23 innings, at an average of 19.54. Fatima’s scores from her previous couple of outings with the bat read 23* and 22*, while she managed only one wicket from 4 outings in July’s Asia Cup campaign, though she was consistently economical. She can be counted on for the goods.

Also Read:  Warm-Up Match 3: Pakistan U19 v Ireland U19 | Squads | Players to Watch | Fantasy Playing XI 

Marizanne Kapp

The 34-year-old all-rounder in T20Is has amassed 1,518 runs from 89 innings, at a strike rate of 103.61, while picking up 81 wickets from 92 outings, maintaining an economy rate of 5.59, and registering bests of 75 and 4/6. Fresh off a successful 9-game stint in The Hundred—where she amassed 207 runs at a strike rate of 134.41 and picked up 11 wickets at an economy rate of 5.92—she can be counted on for all-round efforts.

Nonkululeko Mlaba

The 24-year-old left-arm off-spinner has bagged 37 wickets from 49 T20I outings, including the best of 3/10, maintaining an economy rate of 6.26. Nonkululeko hasn’t consistently been among the wickets of late, managing only a couple of wickets in her previous 3 T20Is. However, with the spin-friendly Multan wicket offering assistance, she could exploit it to her benefit and lead the wickets tally.

Pitch:

The 22 yards at the Multan Cricket Stadium make for a well-balanced center wicket, providing a fair contest between bat and ball. The wicket assists both spinners and pacers effectively, while batters also enjoy their time in the middle, with an average score in the 140s.

Weather:

The conditions in Multan are expected to be pleasant for the game, with clear skies and a low chance of rain. The temperature is forecasted to hover around 34°C, with light winds and humidity at 50%.

Fantasy playing XI:

Muneeba Ali, Laura Wolvaardt, Tazmin Brits, Sidra Amin, Marizanne Kapp, Nida Dar, Chloe Tryon, Nadine de Klerk, Fatima Sana, Nashra Sandhu, Tuba Hassan

Match details:

Date – September 18, 2024

Also Read:  Laura Wolvaardt moves 2 Spot Up, Mithali Raj moves 2 Down in Latest ICC ODI Rankings

Time – 7:30 PM IST

Venue – Multan Cricket Stadium, Multan

Broadcast – The game will be live-streamed on the FanCode app and website.

Liked the story? Leave a comment here

Belize Women’s National Cricket Team Namibia Women’s National Cricket Team Profile Mozambique Women’s National Cricket Team Profile
Most Popular Female Cricketers on Instagram List of 10 Brother-Sister pair in Cricket Husband-Wife Pair in Cricket