1st T20I: Pakistan vs South Africa | Squads | Players to Watch | Fantasy Playing XI | Live Streaming | Pitch Report

Hosts Pakistan and South Africa are slated to lock horns in 3 Twenty20 Internationals (T20Is), leading up to next month’s T20 World Cup. The T20I opener will be played at Multan Cricket Stadium, Multan, on the 16th of September 2024, at 7:30 PM Indian Standard Time (IST).

1st T20I Pakistan vs South Africa
1st T20I Pakistan vs South Africa

Squads:

Pakistan – Fatima Sana (C), Aliya Riaz, Diana Baig, Gull Feroza, Iram Javed, Muneeba Ali (WK), Nashra Sandhu, Nida Dar, Omaima Sohail, Sadaf Shamas, Sadia Iqbal, Sidra Amin, Syeda Aroob Shah, Tasmia Rubab, Tuba Hassan

South Africa – Laura Wolvaardt (C), Anneke Bosch, Tazmin Brits, Nadine de Klerk, Annerie Dercksen, Mieke de Ridder, Ayanda Hlubi, Sinalo Jafta, Marizanne Kapp, Ayabonga Khaka, Suné Luus, Nonkululeko Mlaba, Seshnie Naidu, Tumi Sekhukhune, Chloe Tryon

Players to watch out:

Sidra Amin

The 32-year-old opening batter, from 53 T20I outings, has accumulated 928 runs, including the highest score of 63. Notably, Sidra has averaged 24.00, her career-best in the format this year, scoring 240 runs from 10 outings. In her most recent T20I campaign in July 2024, she managed scores of 25 and 10 against India and Sri Lanka, respectively. The seasoned batter can be counted on for the runs.

Nashra Sandhu

The 26-year-old left-arm off-spinner, from 59 T20I innings, has bagged 58 wickets, including the best of 4/18, at an average of 20.68 and an economy rate of 5.46. Nashra, in her most recent campaign, the Asia Cup in July, produced bowling figures of 1/20 (4), 0/14 (4), 2/22 (4), and 0/35 (4). It is expected that she will carry this economical and effective form into this series, leading the wickets tally.

Also Read:  Match 9: Australia v Pakistan Women | Squads | Players to watch | Fantasy Playing XI | Live streaming

Laura Wolvaardt

The 25-year-old opening batter, from 63 T20I innings, has amassed 1,673 runs, at an average of 35.59, with a strike rate of 114.74, and recorded the highest score of 102. Laura, in her most recent campaign, a 100-ball tournament, amassed 215 runs from 7 outings. She registered scores of 44, 41, and 72 in an away series against Pakistan late last year and can be banked upon to lead the scoring.

Chloe Tryon

The 30-year-old all-rounder, in T20Is, from 80 outings, has posted 1,145 runs, at a strike rate of 135.18, and from 65 bowling innings, has taken 35 wickets, at an economy rate of 6.82. While Chloe hasn’t been among the runs lately, she took 8 wickets from 4 T20s late last month. It is hoped she finds her feet with the bat while continuing this bowling momentum.

Pitch:

The Multan Cricket Stadium provides a good deck to bat on, and it is expected to be no different for the game, with an average score in the 140s. The wicket will also offer enough assistance for bowlers, especially spinners, who can change the course of the game.

Weather:

The temperature is forecasted to hover around 33°C, with a humidity level of 50% and light winds. Expect a complete game with a clear forecast and minimal chance of rain.

Fantasy playing XI:

Muneeba Ali, Laura Wolvaardt, Tazmin Brits, Sidra Amin, Marizanne Kapp, Nida Dar, Chloe Tryon, Nadine de Klerk, Fatima Sana, Nashra Sandhu, Tuba Hassan

Match details:

Date – September 16, 2024

Time – 7:30 PM IST

Venue – Multan Cricket Stadium, Multan

Also Read:  Oval Invincibles in Women's Hundred 2023 | Complete Squad, Schedule, Players to Watch Out

Broadcast – The game will be live-streamed on the FanCode app and website.

Liked the story? Leave a comment here

Belize Women’s National Cricket Team Namibia Women’s National Cricket Team Profile Mozambique Women’s National Cricket Team Profile
Most Popular Female Cricketers on Instagram List of 10 Brother-Sister pair in Cricket Husband-Wife Pair in Cricket