2nd T20I: Ireland vs England | Squads | Players to Watch | Fantasy Playing XI | Live Streaming | Pitch Report

England’s 5-match white-ball tour of Ireland concludes on the 15th of September 2024, with the 2nd and final Twenty20 International (T20I), following the visitors’ 2-1 One-Day International (ODI) series win earlier in the tour. The game will be played at Castle Avenue, Dublin, and the live action commences at 7:30 PM Indian Standard Time (IST).

2nd T20I Ireland vs England
2nd T20I Ireland vs England

Squads:

Ireland – Gaby Lewis (C), Ava Canning, Christina Coulter Reilly, Sarah Forbes, Amy Hunter, Arlene Kelly, Aimee Maguire, Jane Maguire, Leah Paul, Orla Prendergast, Louise Little, Freya Sargent, Rebecca Stokell, Alice Tector

England – Kate Cross (C), Georgia Adams, Hollie Armitage, Hannah Baker, Tammy Beaumont, Mahika Gaur, Ryana MacDonald-Gay, Charis Pavely, Paige Scholfield, Seren Smale, Bryony Smith, Mady Villiers, Issy Wong

Players to watch out:

Gaby Lewis

The 23-year-old top-order batter, from 89 T20Is, has amassed 2,183 runs at an average of 28.72, with a strike rate of 116.24, and registered the highest score of 119. Gaby has been in notable form of late, and in her previous few T20I outings, she registered scores of 69, 45, 10, 39, and 119. While she had a quiet start to this series, she scored a solid 72 in her most recent outing and can be relied upon to lead the scoring.

Arlene Kelly

The 30-year-old pacer, averaging 14.42 and maintaining an economy rate of 6.03, has struck 54 wickets from 40 T20Is, and from 18 batting innings, has added 126 runs to the tally, with her best figures being 5/12 and 35. Arlene has consistently been among the wickets, taking 7 in her previous 5 T20Is, and 3 from two ODI games this series, while also chipping in with the bat. She can be counted on to deliver the goods.

Also Read:  Match 10: Hobart Hurricanes v Sydney Thunder | Squads | Players to watch | Fantasy Playing XI | Live streaming

Georgia Adams

The 30-year-old all-rounder, in the 2024 T20 season, from 10 outings, accumulated 213 runs at a strike rate of 115.76, while also scalping 8 wickets at an economy rate of 7.24, with best figures of 55 and 3/23. Leading up to the T20I series, Georgia scalped 10 wickets from 4 One-Dayers while also scoring a fifty, and given her success this domestic season, it is hoped she replicates this on the international stage.

Hannah Baker

The 20-year-old leg-spinner, from 10 outings in the 2024 domestic T20 games, picked up 12 wickets, maintaining an economy rate of 6.64 and registering the best of 3/24. Hannah made her international debut earlier in this series, producing figures of 1/54 (10) and 0/24 (3) in the two ODIs. She had a promising start to her international career and should be backed to find success if given the go-ahead in the T20Is.

Pitch:

Castle Avenue features a balanced center wicket that offers runs for batters and a good amount of assistance to bowlers as well. The average score at the venue is in the 110s, and pacers tend to have the upper hand on the track.

Weather:

The conditions in Dublin are forecasted to clear in time for the game, with light showers in the lead-up. The temperature is expected to hover around 18°C, with light winds and 79% humidity.

Fantasy playing XI:

Tammy Beaumont, Amy Hunter, Gaby Lewis, Paige Scholfield, Hollie Armitage, Orla Prendergast, Georgia Adams, Arlene Kelly, Ryana MacDonald-Gay, Kate Cross, Freya Sargent

Match details:

Date – September 15, 2024

Also Read:  Ireland announce squad changes ahead of T20I series against England

Time – 7:30 PM IST

Venue – Castle Avenue, Dublin

Broadcast – The game will be live-streamed on the FanCode app and website.

Liked the story? Leave a comment here

Belize Women’s National Cricket Team Namibia Women’s National Cricket Team Profile Mozambique Women’s National Cricket Team Profile
Most Popular Female Cricketers on Instagram List of 10 Brother-Sister pair in Cricket Husband-Wife Pair in Cricket