Match 2: Ireland v South Africa Women | Squads | Players to watch | Fantasy Playing XI

The second T20I of the three-match series between Ireland and South Africa will be played on June 6 at Pembroke Cricket Club in Dublin. Ireland have taken a 1-0 lead in the series by beating South Africa by 10 runs in the first T20I. Batting first, Ireland put together a fighting score of 7-143 in 20 overs and then restricted South Africa to 7-133 in 20 overs.

Match 2: Ireland v South Africa Women | Squads | Players to watch | Fantasy Playing XI

Ireland captain Gaby Lewis struck a delectable 52 off 38 balls to top score for her team. Her opening partner Leah Paul contributed with 47 runs and also picked up 1-21 to win the player of the match. On the other hand, South Africa fought hard but fell shy of just 10 runs. Anneke Bosch starred with the bat scoring 29 runs off 36 balls while for Ireland Arlene Kelly was the pick of the bowlers as she scalped 2-25. For South Africa, Tumi Sekhukhune was the most successful bowler as she claimed 3-32.

Match Preview: 2nd T20I between Ireland and South Africa 

Head-to-Head

Ireland and South Africa have played 11 T20Is against each other with Ireland winning two and South Africa winning nine.

Squads

Ireland: Gaby Lewis (captain), Alana Dalzell, Rachel Delaney, Georgina Dempsey, Sarah Forbes, Shauna Kavanagh, Arlene Kelly, Sophie MacMahon, Jane Maguire, Kate McEvoy, Cara Murray, Leah Paul, Celeste Raack, Mary Waldron

South Africa: Anneke Bosch, Tazmin Brits, Trisha Chetty, Nadine de Klerk, Lara Goodall, Shabnim Ismail, Ayabonga Khaka, Sune Luus (captain), Nonkululeko Mlaba, Raisibe Ntozakhe, Tumi Sekhukhune, Andrie Steyn, Chloe Tryon, Delmi Tucker, Laura Wolvaardt

Also Read:  Team Preview: Sydney Thunders in WBBL 2019 – Fixtures, Squad, Key Players

Players to watch

Gaby Lewis:

The stand-in captain of Ireland top scored with 52 runs off 38 balls, including eight boundaries in her last match against South Africa. She stitched a 98-run partnership with her opening partner Leah Paul to set the tone for her team.

Arlene Kelly: 

This right arm seamer from Auckland, who plays for Ireland was the pick of the bowlers as she bagged 2-25 in four overs. She bowled well inside the powerplay as well as in the death overs. With the bat, she managed to score six runs off seven balls.

Anneke Bosch:

The right-handed top order batter of South Africa top scored with 29 runs off 36 balls in her last appearance against Ireland. She struck a couple of boundaries and a six in her innings. She came in to bat on the very second ball of the match and was there in the middle till the 14th over. Apart from her batting, she can also bowl right arm medium pace.

Tumi Sekhukhune:

The right arm seamer from South Africa was the most successful bowler in her last outing against Ireland. She scalped 3-32 in four overs. All her three wickets came in the 19th over of the match. Her consistency with lines and lengths were handsomely rewarded.

Pitch

More than 275 runs were scored in the last match that was played here. The wicket is expected to aid the batters. A high scoring contest could be on the cards. On the other hand, there could be something in for the bowlers as cloudy conditions are forecast. The venue will offer an exciting contest between bat and ball.

Also Read:  Match 2: Ireland v South Africa | Squads | Players to watch | Fantasy Playing XI

Weather

The weather is expected to be mostly cloudy. The average temperature will be around 16 degrees Celsius. As per the forecast, there is 25 percent chance of rain and 94 percent cloud cover. The wind will blow from the east.

Fantasy Playing XI

Mary Waldron, Gaby Lewis, Rachel Delaney, Laura Wolvaardt, Arlene Kelly, Chloe Tryon, Leah Paul, Nadine de Klerk, Tumi Sekhukhune, Shabnim Ismail, Celeste Raack

Match details

Date: June 6, 2022

Time: 9pm IST

Venue: Pembroke Cricket Club, Dublin

Follow Female Cricket on Instagram and Twitter for all the latest news and updates

I am a former cricketer having represented Mumbai University at All India University level. I was a part of MCA probables for the U-19 and U-23 age group. I have been an avid cricket writer for the last five years. Currently I am pursuing my Ph.D from IIT Bombay.

Join Our WhatsApp Channel Join Now
Follow us on Instagram Join Now

Liked the story? Leave a comment here