Preview: 1st ODI – India Women vs South Africa Women, Squads, Head-to-Head, Weather Report, Dream-XI Fantasy Tips

Date and Day: 9 October 2019, Thursday.

Match 1 – India Women v/s South Africa Women

Time: 9:00 AM IST.

Venue: Reliance Stadium, Vadodara.

India Women vs South Africa Women
India Women vs South Africa Women

The eventual six-match T20I series between India women and South Africa women ended with a scoreline of 3-1 in India’s favor. The exciting last T20I between these very two teams will make everyone turn their heads around for the three-match ODI series.

Preview

The three-match ODI series between the Indian women team and South Africa women team is set to begin on 9th October 2019 with the other two matches to be played on the 11th and 14th of October. All three games will be played at the Reliance Stadium in Vadodara.

Indian women’s team for the ODI series is different compared to the T20 setup. With the return of Indian Stalwarts like Mithali Raj and Jhulan Goswami the already strong team becomes much stronger. Both Jhulan Goswami and Mithali Raj come off a long break going into the series. Mithali Raj had recently announced her retirement from the shortest form the game to Concentrate on the women’s ODI World Cup and work on her game accordingly. Ekta Bisht and Rajeshwari Gaikwad will provide the Indian team with the option of the left arm Orthodox spin.

South African women’s team will take a lot of confidence from their performance in the last T20I against the Indian women’s team. South Africa won that game by a huge margin of 105 runs. Sune Luus and Lizelle Lee both scored extraordinary fifties (84 runs from 47 balls for Lizelle Lee, and 62 runs off 56 balls for Sune Luus). They would hope to continue the same form with the bat. Shabnim Ismail has been excellent with the ball for South Africa women.

Also Read:  Team India - Full Squad, Schedule, Warm-Up Matches, Live Streaming

Team News

Smriti Mandhana who had a difficult time in the T20I series is set to miss the ODI series after getting hit on the toe by the ball while batting in the nets. Pooja Vastrakar has been named as her replacement in the Squad.

Weather Report

The forecast for the game day is said to be bright and sunny. A full game is highly anticipated.

Head to Head

The T20I series was dominated for most of the parts by the Indian spinners. That could well be the case for the ODI series as well. If South Africa could negotiate the spin threat as they did in the final T20I at Surat. We would be in for a great series. In the previous five encounters, the Indian women’s team has beaten South African women’s team thrice while losing two games.

Played-5, India-3, South Africa-2.

Indian Women’s Squad

Mithali Raj (capt), Harmanpreet Kaur (vice-capt), Taniya Bhatia (wk), Ekta Bisht, Rajeshwari Gayakwad, Jhulan Goswami, Dayalan Hemalatha, Mansi Joshi, Pooja Vastrakar, Shikha Pandey, Poonam Yadav, Priya Punia, Punam Raut, Jemimah Rodrigues, Deepti Sharma

South Africa Women’s Squad

Sune Luus (capt), Trisha Chetty, Tazmin Brits, Nadine de Klerk, Shabnim Ismail, Sinalo Jafta, Ayabonga Khaka, Lara Goodall, Lizelle Lee, Nonkululeko Mlaba, Tumi Sekhukhune, Nondumiso Shangase, Mignon du Preez, Laura Wolvaardt, Marizanne Kapp.

Fantasy players

Harmanpreet Kaur, Jemimah Rodrigues, Deepti Sharma, Sune Luus, Lizelle Lee, Mignon du Preez, Shabnam Ismail, Poonam Yadav,Mithali Raj, Jhulan Goswami.

Where to watch:

Join Our WhatsApp Channel Join Now
Follow us on Instagram Join Now

Liked the story? Leave a comment here