An extra game added to the T20 series between India and South Africa Women

An extra game has been added to the existing schedule of the T20I series between India and South Africa Women. The 5 match series, which was originally scheduled to be played from 24th September to 4th October, saw 2 of its games being washed away due to the rains.

India Women vs South Africa Women
India Women vs South Africa Women

The 2nd and 3rd T20I had to be abandoned without a ball being bowled. Now as the weather has improved in Surat, an additional match will be played on 3rd October to compensate one of the earlier washed out games.

The crowd support at Surat was quite amazing for the 2 T20Is which had an actual play. Adjusting one more game in between the schedule means giving more game time to the players, ahead of the upcoming T20 World Cup.

The final T20I will be played on 4th October, as per the original schedule.

Having 2 more games in the T20 leg means that South Africa has a real chance of leveling the series which now stands 2-0 in favor of India women.

As reported by Sportstar, India coach W.V. Raman said, “It is good that we are getting an additional game. What is important is having game time. Each outing is a learning process for these girls.”

The Revised Schedule of the remaining T20Is :

4th T20I on 3rd October (Thursday)
3rd T20I on 4th October (Friday)

Both matches will start at 7 pm in the evening at Lalbhai Contractor Stadium in Surat and will be telecast live on Star Sports and Hotstar.

Loves all things female cricket

Also Read:  Inspiration sees no boundaries - A heartfelt letter from a Pakistan fan to Indian cricketer Mansi Joshi
Join Our WhatsApp Channel Join Now
Follow us on Instagram Join Now

Liked the story? Leave a comment here