Summary: 3rd T20I – Match abandoned due to wet outfield

The 3rd T20I between India Women and South Africa Women was abandoned due to persistent rain and wet outfield. It was the second game in a row that had to be abandoned between the two sides.

Match abandoned due to rain
Match abandoned due to rain

The evening started with heavy downpour, forcing the ground staff to cover the ground completely. After an hour or so, the third game followed the route of the second T20I. It was abandoned without a ball being bowled.

The Surat crowd was hopeful again and people had come in huge numbers to watch the girls play. They braved the weather to reach the stadium and were nonetheless disappointed when they got to see no play.

As for the India squad, they are likely to remain unchanged for the remaining games. 15-year-old Shafali Verma couldn’t grab her opportunity in her debut game and if given opportunity, would like to prove her mettle in the future matches. Pooja Vastrakar didn’t perform to the mark in the last game. She could be persisted with, or Arundhati Reddy could be brought back to the playing eleven.

As for South Africa, their bowling was pretty good. They need to improve on their batting. Lizelle Lee looked good during her short stay in the middle. Mignon du Preez needs players to stay with her on the crease and build partnerships.

Currently, India is 1-0 up the 5 match series out of which 2 matches are already washed out. South Africa will get only 2 possible games to go over India in this series if only rain gods permit so. We sincerely hope that the rains decide to be kind on the remaining match days and the games actually happen. It will be good if the supportive Surat crowd gets to witness two more amazing matches, like the one they witnessed earlier in the series.

Loves all things female cricket

Also Read:  Squad Announced: Sune Luus to lead South African Women against India
Join Our WhatsApp Channel Join Now
Follow us on Instagram Join Now

Liked the story? Leave a comment here