Shafali Verma, Harleen Deol and Akshaya A ensured victory in Pre-Quarter Finals

The pre-quarter finals of the senior women’s T20 league were played on April 28. Kerala, Nagaland, Goa, Himachal Pradesh, Haryana and Jharkhand were the teams that featured in the three matches that were played.

Kerala beat Nagaland by 7 wickets at Lalbhai Contractor Stadium, Surat

Kerala advanced to the quarter finals of the senior women’s T20 league as they beat the Plate Group champions Nagaland by seven wickets. Batting first, Nagaland posted 5-116 in 20 overs, riding on opening batter Kiran Navgire’s 56 off 44 balls. On the other hand, for Kerala, Darsana Mohanan was the pick of the bowlers as she scalped 2-17 in three overs. In reply, Kerala completed the formalities in 18 overs with seven wickets in hand. Opening batter Akshaya A led the charge with an unbeaten 57 off 56 balls to see her side home. For Nagaland, PN Khemnar was the most successful bowler as she claimed 2-23 in four overs. 

• Nagaland: 116/5 (20)

Kiran Navgire: 56 (44)

Darsana Mohanan: 2-17 (3)

• Kerala: 117/3 (18)

Akshaya A: 57* (56)

PN Khemnar: 2-23 (4)

Result: Kerala won by 7 wickets

Himachal Pradesh beat Goa by 3 runs at CK Pithawala Ground, Surat

Himachal Pradesh made their way into the quarter finals of the senior women’s T20 league as they defeated Goa by three runs in a nail biting thriller. Batting first, Himachal Pradesh put together 2-167 in 20 overs, thanks to Harleen Deol, who top scored with an unbeaten 84 off 66 balls. On the other hand, for Goa, Metali Gawandar and Rupali Chavan were the wicket takers as they accounted for one each. In reply, Goa fought hard as they scored 7-164 in 20 overs. Captain Shikha Pandey led from the front with a 77 off 50 balls, while for Himachal Pradesh, Anisha Ansari and Harleen Deol bagged 3-22 and 2-37 respectively. 

• Himachal Pradesh: 167/2 (20)
Also Read:  15 year-old Shafali Sharma makes her way into India's women’s T20I squad

Harleen Deol: 84* (66)

Metali Gawandar: 1-14 (2)

Rupali Chavan: 1-28 (4)

• Goa: 164/7 (20)

Shikha Pandey: 77 (50)

Anisha Ansari: 3-22 (4)

Harleen Deol: 2-37 (4)

Result: Himachal Pradesh won by 3 Runs

Haryana beat Jharkhand by 9 wickets at Lalbhai Contractor Stadium, Surat

Haryana handed a crushing nine wicket defeat to Jharkhand in the pre quarter finals of the senior women’s T20 league. Batting first, Jharkhand were reduced to 8-110 in 20 overs. Monika top scored with a run a ball 27 while for Haryana it was their skipper Shafali Verma who was the pick of the bowlers. Verma scalped 2-16 in four overs. In reply, Haryana cruised to the target in just 11.2 overs, thanks to the 102-run opening stand between Verma and Reema Sisodia (43 runs off 33 balls). For Jharkhand, Devyani was the lone wicket taker as she claimed 1-22 in three overs.

• Jharkhand: 110/8 (20)

Monika: 27 (27)

Shafali Verma: 2-16 (4)

• Haryana: 112/1 (11.2)

Shafali Verma: 65* (33)

Devyani: 1-22 (3)

Result: Haryana won by 9 Wickets

Follow Female Cricket on Instagram and Twitter for all the latest news and updates

I am a former cricketer having represented Mumbai University at All India University level. I was a part of MCA probables for the U-19 and U-23 age group. I have been an avid cricket writer for the last five years. Currently I am pursuing my Ph.D from IIT Bombay.

Join Our WhatsApp Channel Join Now
Follow us on Instagram Join Now

Liked the story? Leave a comment here