Day 2: Kiran Navgire’s unbeaten 81 guides Nagaland to 8 Wicket Victory against Manipur

Day 2 of the Senior women’s T20 tournament 2021-22 saw three matches being played today. All the three matches were played in the Plate Group at ACA Stadium, Guwahati.

Day 2: Kiran Navgire's unbeaten 81 guides Nagaland to 8 Wicket Victory against Manipur. PC: Twitter
Day 2: Kiran Navgire’s unbeaten 81 guides Nagaland to 8 Wicket Victory against Manipur. PC: Twitter

Pondicherry beat Arunachal Pradesh by 73 Runs

Pondicherry posted a competitive score of 2-136 in 20 overs riding on opening batter Bhakti Tamore’s delectable half-century. Tamore muscled 56 runs off 49 balls and stitched a 97-run partnership with Yuvashri (31 runs off 42 balls). For Arunachal Pradesh, Mai Mekh and Shivi Yadav were the wicket-takers as they bagged one scalp each. In reply, Arunachal Pradesh was restricted to 9-63 losing the match by 73 runs. Sheryl Rozario wreaked havoc with the ball as she scalped 3-5 in three overs, opening the bowling for Pondicherry. Rebecca was the other bowler who impressed with 2-5 in three overs.

Jammu & Kashmir beat Mizoram by 4 Wickets

Batting first, Mizoram posted a modest score 3-101 in 20 overs, thanks to Tarang Jha who top scored with a 44-ball 50. Captain Apurva Bharadwaj also chipped in with a useful 34 not out off 31 balls. Sarla Devi and Sandhya were the wicket takers for J&K as they picked up one wicket each. In reply, J&K completed the formalities in 19.2 overs winning the match by four wickets. Opening batter Bawandeep Kaur led the run chase from the front as she scored 34 runs off 40 balls. For Mizoram, Rin Mawii and Puipuii starred with the ball as they clinched two wickets each.

Nagaland beat Manipur by 8 Wickets

Nagaland restricted Manipur to a paltry score of 9-91 in 20 overs. Chingkhei top scored with run a ball 21 for Manipur however she kept losing partners at regular intervals. Gautami Naik was the pick of the bowlers for Nagaland as she struck with 2-17 in four overs. In reply Nagaland made light work of the run chase as they achieved the target in 11.5 overs winning the match by eight wickets. Opening batter Kiran Navgire who scored 162 not out in her last match picked up from where she had left to plunder a blistering 81 not out off 38 balls. Navgire smashed nine boundaries and six sixes during her blitzkrieg. Manipur had an off day with the ball. Th Mangalsana was the lone wicket taker as she picked up 2-17 in 2.5 overs.

Also Read:  Day 1: Kiran Prabhu Navgire scores unbeaten 162 to help Nagaland beat Arunachal Pradesh

Follow Female Cricket on Instagram and Twitter for all the latest news and updates

I am a former cricketer having represented Mumbai University at All India University level. I was a part of MCA probables for the U-19 and U-23 age group. I have been an avid cricket writer for the last five years. Currently I am pursuing my Ph.D from IIT Bombay.

Join Our WhatsApp Channel Join Now
Follow us on Instagram Join Now

Liked the story? Leave a comment here