Baroda edge out Mumbai to enter Semi-Finals of Senior T20 League

On April 29, Baroda beat Mumbai by seven wickets at the CK Pithawala Ground in Surat to advance to the semi-finals of the senior women’s T20 league that will be played on May 2.

Baroda Women's Cricket Team
Baroda Women’s Cricket Team

Toss: Mumbai won the toss and elected to bat

1st innings: Mumbai 171/6 in 20 overs

Mumbai got off to a flying start, thanks to their opening pair of Simran Shaikh and Jemimah Rodrigues who stitched a 48-run partnership in six overs. After the departure of Rodrigues (21 runs off 17 balls), Humaira Kazi (22 runs off 15 balls) joined hands with Shaikh to carry on the innings. However, Mumbai lost two quick wickets as Baroda bounced back to send Shaikh (34 runs off 22 balls) and RS Chaudhari packing in the seventh and ninth over respectively. Vrushali Bhagat and Sayali Satghare made useful contributions of 18 runs each with the bat. In the end, Manali Dakshini and Saima Thakor played crucial cameos to take Mumbai to a fighting score. Dakshini hammered an unbeaten 31 off 20 balls while Thakor muscled an undefeated 19 off nine balls. For Baroda, Ridhi M was the pick of the bowlers as she scalped 2-10 in three overs. Captain Radha Yadav picked up the wicket of her Mumbai counterpart Rodrigues, while NY Patel and Tanvir Shaikh chipped in with one wicket apiece.

2nd innings: Baroda 173/3 in 18.4 overs

In reply, Baroda completed the formalities in style as they chased down the total in 18.4 overs with seven wickets in hand. Opening batter Tarannum Pathan led the run chase with a 40-ball 55. Pathan found able allies in Yastika Bhatia, captain Radha Yadav and Hrutu Patel as they together steered Baroda to the semi-finals of the senior women’s T20 league. While Bhatia muscled 33 runs off 22 balls, Yadav and Patel remained not out at the end of innings, smashing 17-ball 31 and 28-ball 42 respectively. For Mumbai, Fatima Jaffer, Saima Thakor and Prakashika Naik claimed one wicket each.

• Mumbai: 171/6 (20)
Also Read:  SWOT Analysis of Indian Squad selected for ICC Women’s T20 World Cup 2023

Simran Shaikh: 34 (22)
Manali Dakshini: 31* (20)
Ridhi M: 2-10 (3)

• Baroda: 173/3 (18.4)

Tarannum Pathan: 55 (40)
Hrutu Patel: 42* (28)
Fatima Jaffer: 1-42 (3.4)
Saima Thakor: 1-30 (3)
Prakashika Naik: 1-27 (4)

Result: Baroda won by 7 Wickets

Follow Female Cricket on Instagram and Twitter for all the latest news and updates

I am a former cricketer having represented Mumbai University at All India University level. I was a part of MCA probables for the U-19 and U-23 age group. I have been an avid cricket writer for the last five years. Currently I am pursuing my Ph.D from IIT Bombay.

Join Our WhatsApp Channel Join Now
Follow us on Instagram Join Now

Liked the story? Leave a comment here