Match 1: India A v India C Women | Squads | Players to watch | Fantasy Playing XI 

The senior women’s T20 Challenger Trophy kick-starts on November 20 in Raipur. India A, India B, India C, and India D are the four teams that will feature in the competition. Each team will play against the other in a round-robin format. The top two teams will play in the finals on November 26. All the games will be played at Shaheed Veer Narayan Singh International Stadium in Raipur.

Match 1: India A v India C Women | Squads | Players to watch | Fantasy Playing XI 

The first match will be between India A and India C on November 20 at Shaheed Veer Narayan Singh International Stadium in Raipur. The game will begin at 11 AM IST.

Squads

India A: Poonam Yadav (C), Muskan Malik, Harleen Deol, Sajana S, Amanjot Kaur, Disha Kasat, Shreyanka Patil, Saika Ishaque, Meghna Singh, K Anjali Sarvani, Sahana Pawar, Nuzhat Parween (WK), Shivali Shinde (WK), S Anusha

India C: Pooja Vastrakar (C), S Meghana (VC), Priya Punia, Simran Shaikh, Tarannun Pathan, Kiran Navgire, Anjali Singh, Rashi Kanojia, Saranya Gadwal, Keerthy James, Komal Zanzad, Ajima Sangma, Richa Ghosh (WK), Madiwala Mamatha (WK)

Players to watch

Poonam Yadav: 

The captain of India A is a wily right-arm leg-spinner. She is an experienced international cricketer, having played for India since 2013. She has 72 T20Is under her belt and 98 wickets in her kitty. She is a genuine wicket-taker and can trouble any batter.

Harleen Deol: 

This right-handed batter from India A has played ODI and T20I cricket for the national team. In her 14 T20I appearances, she has muscled 142 runs in 11 innings, including the best of 52. She can also roll her arm over to bowl a bit of spin. She has six T20I wickets in nine innings to her credit.

Also Read:  Preview: 2nd ODI – India vs New Zealand Women | Fantasy XI | Players to Watch | Live Streaming

Pooja Vastrakar: 

Leading from the front will be the skipper of India C. She is one of the best all-rounders in the Indian team. She is a right-handed middle-order batter and a right-arm speedster. She can win games for any team single-handedly with either of her skills.

Sabbhineni Meghana: 

She is a right-handed opening batter from India C. Having made her international debut in 2016, she returned to the international side again in 2021. She has played 17 T20Is and scored 258 runs, including one half-century. She is an aggressive batter and can provide a brisk start.

Pitch

It will be the tournament’s first match at the venue. Expect a fresh and new wicket. The ball is likely to come onto the bat nicely. Batters will enjoy playing here. Given the morning start, the fast bowlers could get some assistance in the first hour of play.

Weather

The weather is expected to see clouds giving way to some sun. The highest temperature attained during the day will be 30 degrees Celsius. There will be a 59 percent cloud cover and no chance of rain. The wind will blow from the northeast.

Fantasy Playing XI

Nuzhat Parween, Richa Ghosh, Harleen Deol, Muskan Malik, Sabbhineni Meghana, Amanjot Kaur, Pooja Vastrakar, S Sajana, Keerthy James, Meghna Singh, Poonam Yadav

Match Details

Date: November 20, 2022

Time: 11 AM IST

Venue: Shaheed Veer Narayan Singh International Stadium, Raipur

Follow Female Cricket on Instagram and Twitter for all the latest news and updates

I am a former cricketer having represented Mumbai University at All India University level. I was a part of MCA probables for the U-19 and U-23 age group. I have been an avid cricket writer for the last five years. Currently I am pursuing my Ph.D from IIT Bombay.

Also Read:  Preview: Match 4 – India B vs India D | Fantasy Playing XI | Players to Watch | Squad
Join Our WhatsApp Channel Join Now
Follow us on Instagram Join Now

Liked the story? Leave a comment here