Kiran Navgire’s 62 help Nagaland beat Meghalaya by 40 Runs

On November 3, three matches were played among six teams of Plate Group in Round 5 of senior women’s one day tournament, a domestic competition in India.

BCCI Logo
BCCI Logo

Nagaland vs Meghalaya  – senior women’s one day trophy 2021-22

Nagaland and Meghalaya locked horns against each other at the Eden Gardens in Kolkata. Batting first, Nagaland were bowled out for 169 in 47.4 overs and in reply, Meghalaya were bundled out for 129 in 43.4 overs, losing the match by 40 runs. Kiran Navgire top scored for Nagaland with 62 runs off 52 balls, including 11 boundaries, while for Meghalaya, Rajni Lodhi was the top run getter with 22 runs off 40 balls, including two boundaries. With the ball, Neha Hajong was the pick of the bowlers for Meghalaya as she scalped 3-16 in her five overs, including two maidens, while for Nagaland, Gautami Naik, Poonam Khemnar and Kiran Navgire struck with two wickets apiece.

Brief Score: Nagaland 169 all out in 47.4 overs (K Navgire 62; N Hajong 3-16) beat Meghalaya 129 all out in 43.4 overs (R Lodhi 22; G Naik 2-18, P Khemnar 2-21, K Navgire 2-42) by 40 runs

Jammu & Kashmir vs Manipur – senior women’s one day trophy 2021-22

Jammu & Kashmir and Manipur played against each other at the JU Second Campus, Salt Lake, Kolkata. Batting first, Manipur were bowled out for a miserly 75 in 27.2 overs and in reply, Jammu & Kashmir made lightwork of the chase as they completed the formalities in just 20.3 overs, winning the match by nine wickets. For Manipur, Brahmacharimayum Seterny (19) was the lone batter to score in double digits, while for Jammu & Kashmir, Rubia Syed was the top performer with the bat mustering an unbeaten 40 off 34 balls, including five boundaries and a six. With the ball, Jammu & Kashmir’s captain Sandhya Balkar was the wrecker-in-chief as she claimed 6-9 in her 9.2 overs, including four maidens, while for Manipur, Chingkhei Mangsatabam chipped in one wicket.

Also Read:  Sneh Rana's 61* and Ramyashri's 2 Wicket help Railways beat Tamil Nadu by 8 Wickets

Brief Score: Manipur 75 all out in 27.2 overs (B Seterny 19; S Balkar 6-9) lost to Jammu & Kashmir 76-1 in 20.3 overs (R Syed 40 not out; C Mangsataba 1-20) by 9 wickets

Sikkim vs Arunachal Pradesh – senior women’s one day trophy 2021-22

Sikkim took on Arunachal Pradesh at the 22 Yards, Salt Lake, Kolkata. Batting first, Arunachal Pradesh were bowled out for a paltry 74 in 37.3 overs and in reply, Sikkim chased down the target in 27.1 overs, winning the match by six wickets. For Arunachal Pradesh, Runa Sarkar (20) and Tarh Adam (20) were the top run scorers, while for Sikkim Jetsun Chee led the run chase scoring an unbeaten 23 off 41 balls, including three boundaries. With the ball, Arunachal Pradesh’s Nabam Yapu, Sarpik Ligu, Shivi Yadav and Mai Mekh accounted for one wicket each, while for Sikkim, Manizha Mumtaz was the pick of the bowlers as she scalped 4-11 in her nine overs, including five maidens.

Brief Score: Arunachal Pradesh 74 all out in 37.3 overs (R Sarkar 20, T Adam 20; M Mumtaz 4-11) lost to Sikkim 77-4 in 27.1 overs (J Chee 23 not out; N Yapu 1-11, S Ligu 1-14, S Yadav 1-11, M Mekh 1-15) by 6 wickets

Nagaland, Jammu & Kashmir and Sikkim have pocketed 4 points each for their wins.

I am a former cricketer having represented Mumbai University at All India University level. I was a part of MCA probables for the U-19 and U-23 age group. I have been an avid cricket writer for the last five years. Currently I am pursuing my Ph.D from IIT Bombay.

Also Read:  Delhi's Ayushi Soni scored Fifty, Parunika Sisodia took 5 Wickets to defeat Jharkhand
Join Our WhatsApp Channel Join Now
Follow us on Instagram Join Now

Liked the story? Leave a comment here