Muskan Malik’s Century help UP beat Baroda by 74 Runs

On November 3, three matches were played among six teams of Elite Group E in Round 5 of senior women’s one day tournament, a domestic competition in India.

Chhattisgarh vs Karnataka – senior women’s one day trophy 2021-22

Chhattisgarh and Karnataka locked horns against each other at the VCA stadium, Civil Lines in Nagpur. Batting first, Chhattisgarh were bowled out for 150 in 43.5 overs, with more than half of the runs being scored by their opening bat Hemali Borwankar (76 runs off 120 balls). In reply, Karnataka chased down the target in 34.1 overs, winning the match by seven wickets, thanks to Vrinda Dinesh (67 not out off 102 balls) and Shubha Satish (64 runs off 79 balls). With the ball, Karnataka’s Challuru Prathyusha was the pick of the bowlers as she scalped 4-20 in her seven overs, while Chhattisgarh’s Ritu Meshram accounted for 2-32 in her eight overs.

Brief Score: Chhattisgarh 150 all out in 43.5 overs (H Borwankar 76; C Prathyusha 4-20) lost to Karnataka 151-3 in 34.1 overs (D Vrinda 67 not out; R Meshram 2-32) by 7 wickets

Saurashtra vs Pondicherry – senior women’s one day trophy 2021-22

Saurashtra took on Pondicherry at the VCA stadium, Jamtha in Nagpur. Batting first, Saurashtra scored 176-9 in 50 overs and in reply, Pondicherry were reduced to 169 in 49.2 overs, as they fell short of just seven runs. Mridulakumari Jadeja (61 runs off 99 balls) top scored for Saurashtra, while for Pondicherry, it was their opening bat Yuvashri, who chipped in with 110-ball 54. With the ball, Pondicherry’s captain Sheral Rozario, Janaki Ramasamy and Abirame Ramamurthy struck with two wickets apiece, while Saurashtra’s Sujan Sama picked up 2-32 in her nine overs.

Also Read:  All you need to know about WPL 2024 | Schedule | Squad | Time | Live Streaming

Brief Score: Saurashtra 176-9 in 50 overs (M Jadeja 61; S Rozario 2-44, J Ramasamy 2-29, A Ramamurthy 2-26) beat Pondicherry 169 all out in 49.2 overs (Yuvashri 54; S Sama 2-32) by 7 runs

Uttar Pradesh vs Baroda – senior women’s one day trophy 2021-22

Muskan Malik - Uttar Pradesh Women's Cricket Team
Muskan Malik – Uttar Pradesh Women’s Cricket Team

Uttar Pradesh and Baroda played against each other at Lady Amritbai Daga College Ground in Nagpur. Batting first, Uttar Pradesh posted a fighting total of 257-8 in 50 overs, thanks to a scintillating century from their captain Muskan Malik. Malik slammed 113 off 130 balls, including 15 boundaries. In reply, Baroda were skittled out for 183 in 45.1 overs, losing the match by 74 runs. Baroda’s opening bat Palak Patel top scored with 70 off 112 balls, including 10 boundaries. With the ball, Baroda’s Tanvir Shaikh, Nrupa Vyas and Jaya Mohite claimed two wickets each, while Uttar Pradesh’s Rashi Kanojiya was the top performer picking up 3-46 in her 10 overs.

Brief Score: Uttar Pradesh 257-8 in 50 overs (M Malik 113; T Shaikh 2-29, N Vyas 2-45, J Mohite 2-44) beat Baroda 183 all out in 45.1 overs (P Patel 70; R Kanojiya 3-46) by 74 runs

Karnataka, Saurashtra and Uttar Pradesh have pocked 4 points each for their wins.

I am a former cricketer having represented Mumbai University at All India University level. I was a part of MCA probables for the U-19 and U-23 age group. I have been an avid cricket writer for the last five years. Currently I am pursuing my Ph.D from IIT Bombay.

Join Our WhatsApp Channel Join Now
Follow us on Instagram Join Now

Liked the story? Leave a comment here