Punam Khemnar’s 91 help Nagaland chase down Sikkim’s 159

On November 1, three matches were played among six teams of Plate Group in Round 4 of senior women’s one day tournament, a domestic competition in India.

Manipur vs Meghalaya – senior women’s one day trophy 2021-22

Punam Khemnar
Punam Khemnar

Manipur and Meghalaya locked horns against each other at the JU Second Campus, Salt Lake, Kolkata. Batting first, Manipur posted a competitive total of 228-6 in 50 overs, riding on twin half centuries from Chingkhei Mangsatabam (54) and captain Ganga Waikhom (72). In reply, Meghalaya were bowled out for 189 in 43.2 overs, losing the match by 39 runs. Vaincy Chaudhary top scored with 64 off 81 balls, however her half century went in vain as her team failed to cross the line. With the ball, for Manipur, Waikhom, Mangsatabam and Monica Devi accounted for two wickets each, while for Meghalaya, Deiphi Mawnai and Pinky Chanda chipped in with a couple of wickets apiece.

Brief Score: Manipur 228-6 in 50 overs (G Waikhom 72; D Mawnai 2-47, P Chanda 2-36) beat Meghalaya 189 all out in 43.2 overs (V Chaudhary 64; G Waikhom 2-21, M Devi 2-43, C Mangsatabam 2-26) by 39 runs

Nagaland vs Sikkim – senior women’s one day trophy 2021-22

Nagaland and Sikkim played against each other at Eden Gardens, Kolkata. Batting first, Sikkim were bowled out for 159 in 48.2 overs, with Kiran Navgire and Limatola Ao accounting for two wickets each. Jetsun Chee top scored with 52 runs off 98 balls for Sikkim. In reply, Nagaland chased down the target with ease as they won the match by five wickets and 52 balls to spare. Punam Khemnar led the run chase plundering an unbeaten 91 off 102 balls, including 12 boundaries. For Sikkim, Tabita Subba was the pick of the bowlers as she scalped 2-33 in her eight overs.

Also Read:  Complete Squad List of Women’s Senior One Day Trophy 2021-22 Season 

Brief Score: Sikkim 159 all out in 48.2 overs (J Chee 52; K Navgire 2-31, L Ao 2-20) lost to Nagaland 162-5 in 41.2 overs (P Khemnar 91 not out; T Subba 2-33) by 5 wickets

Jammu & Kashmir vs Bihar – senior women’s one day trophy 2021-22

Jammu & Kashmir took on Bihar at 22 Yards, Salt Lake, Kolkata. Batting first, Bihar were bundled out for a modest 115 in 46.3 overs, with Sarla Devi wrecking havoc picking up 3-24 in her 10 overs, including one maiden. Opening bat Prity Kumari top scored with 23 runs off 49 balls for Bihar. In reply, Jammu & Kashmir completed the formalities in 43.5 overs, winning the match by five wickets. Bushra Ashraf led the run chase scoring an unbeaten 56 off 88 balls. For Bihar, Priti Priya, captain Apurva Kumari, Nivedita Bharti and Vaidehi Yadav claimed one wicket apiece.

Brief Score: Bihar 115 all ut in 46.3 overs (P Kumari 23; S Devi 3-24) lost to Jammu & Kashmir 116-5 in 43.5 overs (B Ashraf 56 not out; P Priya 1-32, A Kumari 1-22, N Bharti 1-24, V Yadav 1-15) by 5 wickets

Manipur, Nagaland and Jammu & Kashmir have pocked 4 points each for their wins.

I am a former cricketer having represented Mumbai University at All India University level. I was a part of MCA probables for the U-19 and U-23 age group. I have been an avid cricket writer for the last five years. Currently I am pursuing my Ph.D from IIT Bombay.

Join Our WhatsApp Channel Join Now
Follow us on Instagram Join Now

Liked the story? Leave a comment here