Summary: 3rd T20I – England clean sweep series 3-0 over Pakistan

Summary: 3rd T20I – England clean sweep series 3-0 over Pakistan

England Women affected a clean sweep over Pakistan Women after they won the 3rd T20I at Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia. A combined effort from their batters and a disciplined bowling performance handed them a 26-run win against Pakistan.

England Women's team
England Women’s team (@TheRealPCB/Twitter)

England Women, batting first, had a decent start. Danni Wyatt had to depart after her 15-ball 25 while Amy Jones hit 37 runs in 35 balls. Captain Heather Knight played a crucial knock of 43 runs in 31 balls. Pakistan’s Diana Baig bagged the twin wickets of Wyatt and Knight while it was Umaima Sohail who dismissed Jones. Fran Wilson and Tammy Beaumont remained not out on 29 and 23 respectively to help England reach a score of 170/3 at the end of 20 overs.

Pakistan had a poor start in the last match of the tour as both their openers were dismissed on cheap scores. Captain Bismah Maroof was also stumped on 17 while Umaima Sohail was caught and bowled by Sophie Ecclestone on 16. Javeria Khan showed composure as she played a responsible knock. She completed her half-century and remained unbeaten on 57 off 46. But her fifty and Sidra Nawaz’s blistering 19* off 7 was not enough as Pakistan fell just short. They made 144 runs losing 5 wickets but lost the match by 26 runs. England’s Sarah Glenn and Anya Shrubsole grabbed 2 wickets each.

England thus win the T20I series having won the first two matches as well. They had also won the ODI series held earlier between the two sides. England won all the matches held in this tour as Pakistan remain devoid of a win.

Also Read:  Summary: 3rd ODI - England take the series 2-0 against Pakistan after final match gets abandoned

Heather Knight’s match-winning 43 earned her the player of the match award. For her magnificent performances with the bat across the 3 games, Amy Jones was named as the player of the series.

England Women: 170/3 in 20 overs

Pakistan Women: 144/5 in 20 overs

Result: England Women won by 26 runs

Player of the Match: Heather Knight (43 off 31)

Series Result: England Women take the 3-match series 3-0 over Pakistan Women

Player of the Series: Amy Jones (53 off 39, 89 off 52, 37 off 35)

Loves all things female cricket

Join Our WhatsApp Channel Join Now
Follow us on Instagram Join Now

Liked the story? Leave a comment here