Summary: 2nd T20I – Amy Jones’ fearless 89 leads England to series win over Pakistan

Summary: 2nd T20I – Amy Jones’ fearless 89 leads England to series win over Pakistan

England openers Amy Jones and Danni Wyatt were at their explosive bests as they led their team to victory in the 2nd T20I of the series. England have thus won the 3-match series by winning the first two games against Pakistan.

Amy Jones Loughborough Lightning
Amy Jones 

England Women, upon winning the toss, decided to bat first. It was the openers’ show today as both Amy Jones and Danni Wyatt were hitting it out of the park. Their 120-run partnership for the first wicket set the tone for England. Both rushed to their half-tons – Wyatt finishing on 55 off 36 while Jones hit a magnificent knock of 89 runs only in 52 balls. They were dismissed by Nida Dar and Anam Amin, who took 2 wickets each. England ended their innings on 185/5.

Pakistan Women never really looked in the chase as wickets kept falling in the initial overs. Captain Bismah Maroof who was in a good form was dismissed cheaply by Sophie Ecclestone on 9. Iram Javed top-scored for them with her 38 off 35 while Javeria Khan and Aliya Riaz added 10 and 16 runs respectively to the chase. Pakistan could only make 101 runs in their 20 batting overs as England took 9 wickets. Katherine Brunt, Sophie Ecclestone, and Mady Villiers shared 6 wickets between them. England won the match by a margin of 84 runs and thus have won the T20I series as well.

England Women: 185/5 in 20 overs

Pakistan Women: 101/9 in 20 overs

Also Read:  Summary: 3rd T20I - England clean sweep series 3-0 over Pakistan

Result: England Women won by 84 runs

Player of the Match: Amy Jones (89 off 52)

Series Status: England Women 2-0 Pakistan Women

Loves all things female cricket

Join Our WhatsApp Channel Join Now
Follow us on Instagram Join Now

Liked the story? Leave a comment here