Pakistan’s 15-year old leggie Aroob Shah gets maiden T20I call-up

Pakistan Cricket Board (PCB) has announced 15-member squads for the upcoming ODI and T20I series against England. Teenage leg-spinner Aroob Shah has received her maiden call up in T20Is after a good performance in ODIs against Bangladesh.

Syeda Aroob Shah who is just fifteen years old has made it to both the ODI and T20I squads of Pakistan Women. Shah who bowls leg-spin has played one ODI against Bangladesh Women in which she took 2 wickets. It is her maiden T20I call up for Pakistan.

The series which will take off on December 9 in Malaysia, will see the women teams of England and Pakistan fight it out for 6 limited-overs games. Pakistan and England Women will play 3 ODIs and 3 T20Is as part of the series which will take place in Malaysia. PCB has decided to host the series in Malaysia after England refused to travel to Pakistan. All the matches will take place at Kinrara Oval in Malaysia. The 3 ODIs will be part of ICC’s Women Championship.

Nida Dar is back in both the squads who had missed out on the home series against Bangladesh due to her participation in the Women’s Big Bash League.

Fatima Sana and Rameen Shamim have been recalled in the squads after their participation in the ACC Emerging Women’s Cup led them to miss out on the T20I series against Bangladesh.

Pakistan Women squad for England series:

ODIs: Bismah Maroof (captain), Aliya Riaz, Anam Amin, Aroob Shah, Diana Baig, Fatima Sana, Javeria Khan, Kaynat Hafeez, Nahida Khan, Nashra Sandhu, Nida Dar, Omaima Sohail, Rameen Shamim, Sidra Amin and Sidra Nawaz (wicketkeeper)

Also Read:  Preview: 2nd ODI - Pakistan v England in Malaysia, Squads, Head-to-Head, Dream-XI Fantasy Cricket Tips, Playing XI, Pitch Report

T20Is: Bismah Maroof (captain), Aliya Riaz, Anam Amin, Aroob Shah, Ayesha Zafar, Diana Baig, Fatima Sana, Iram Javed, Javeria Khan, Nahida Khan, Nida Dar, Omaima Sohail, Rameen Shamim, Sadia Iqbal and Sidra Nawaz (wicketkeeper)

Loves all things female cricket

Join Our WhatsApp Channel Join Now
Follow us on Instagram Join Now

Liked the story? Leave a comment here