Summary: 1st T20I – Amy Jones and Sophie Ecclestone help England go 1-0 up against Pakistan

Summary: 1st T20I – Amy Jones and Sophie Ecclestone help England go 1-0 up against Pakistan

England Women won the 1st twenty20 international against Pakistan by 29 runs. Amy Jones hit a half-ton whereas Sophie Ecclestone took 3 wickets. From Pakistan, captain Bismah Maroof scored 60 runs, but lack of contribution from other batters meant that they lose the first match of the 3-game series.

England Women's team
England Women’s team (@TheRealPCB/Twitter)

Pakistan Women won the toss and chose to field first. England lost Danni Wyatt early as she handed Nida Dar a return catch on 6. The other opener Amy Jones built a match-winning inning. She rushed to her half-century and finally was bowled by debutant Syeda Aroob Shah on 53. Tammy Beaumont was looking good in her 29-ball stay. She departed after making 30 runs in the 16th over as Anam Amin bagged her only wicket. Dar got her second wicket in the form of Katherine Brunt who made 18 runs. Nat Sciver and captain Heather Knight remained not out on 34 and 13 respectively to take England’s score to 154/4.

Pakistan had the worst of starts in the second innings as Freya Davies had both the openers out on ducks in the first over itself. Captain Bismah Maroof took responsibility and her fifty propelled the chase. She made 60 off 58 but lacked a steady partner at the other end. She was the last wicket to fell as Anya Shrubsole dismissed her in the penultimate over. Apart from Umaima Sohail 21(14) and Sidra Nawaz 22(24), none of the batters had a significant contribution. Pakistan Women were bowled out on 125 in 19 overs as they lost the match by 29 runs. Sophie Ecclestone had a 3-wicket haul to her name. Debutant Sarah Glenn took ber 1st T20I wicket in this match while Nat Sciver scalped two.

Also Read:  Watch: Harleen Deol takes one of the most stunning catches in Women’s Cricket History

England Women: 154/4 in 20 overs

Pakistan Women: 125 all-out in 18.4 overs

Result: England Women won by 29 runs

Player of the Match: Amy Jones (53 off 39)

Series status: England Women 1-0 Pakistan Women

Loves all things female cricket

Join Our WhatsApp Channel Join Now
Follow us on Instagram Join Now

Liked the story? Leave a comment here