Pakistan announces the T20 and ODI squad playing against England in Malaysia

Pakistan is set to play a series of 3 T20I’s and 3 ODI’s against England in Malaysia starting from 9th December this year. Pakistan has recently announced their final squad touring to Malaysia to play T20 and ODI.

Former captain Sana Mir is not available, as she has taken a break from international cricket for some time. The 15-member squad features two uncapped players, one is 23-year-old batter Kaynat Hafeez, as well as off-spinner Rameen Shamim, who led Pakistan in the ACC Women’s Emerging Teams Asia Cup in October. Other inclusions are Anam Amin and Nida Dar; Amin played her last ODI in October 2018, while Dar played the last of her 71 ODIs in May this year, she made her WBBL debut this year and has come back to the national side for the upcoming tour.

In the T20I team, there some exciting youngsters, Aroob Shah, a 15-year-old leg spinner has been called to the side. Rameen, who led the Emerging side makes a comeback to the T20 side along with teammate Fatima Sana.

Urooj Mumtaz, chair of the women’s selection committee, is confident that the squads will be able to continue Pakistan’s successful showing against Bangladesh, where they won the T20Is 3-0 and leveled the ODI series 1-1. “The two squads have been put together after considering recent performances in international and domestic events,” she was quoted as saying by a press release. “A series against a quality side like England always brings challenges and we have put together these combinations keeping that in mind”.

ODI squad: Bismah Maroof (c), Aliya Riaz, Anam Amin, Aroob Shah, Diana Baig, Fatima Sana, Javeria Khan, Kaynat Hafeez, Nahida Khan, Nashra Sandhu, Nida Dar, Omaima Sohail, Rameen Shamim, Sidra Amin, Sidra Nawaz

Also Read:  Preview: 12th Match-Sydney Thunder v/s Melbourne Renegades, Squads, Head-to-Head, Dream-XI Fantasy Cricket Tips, Playing XI, Pitch & Injury Report

T20I squad: Bismah Maroof (c), Aliya Riaz, Anam Amin, Aroob Shah, Ayesha Zafar, Diana Baig, Fatima Sana, Iram Javed, Javeria Khan, Nahida Khan, Nida Dar, Omaima Sohail, Rameen Shamim, Sadia Iqbal, Sidra Nawaz.

Source: ICC

Loves all things female cricket

Join Our WhatsApp Channel Join Now
Follow us on Instagram Join Now

Liked the story? Leave a comment here