Stafanie Taylor – A Prodigious All-Rounder in the world of Women’s Cricket

West Indies captain Stafanie Taylor smashed her sixth ODI century on Wednesday against Pakistan in Antigua during the first ODI to steer her side to a five-wicket win.

Stafanie Taylor scores a Century in 1st ODI vs Pakistan
Stafanie Taylor scores a Century in 1st ODI vs Pakistan

Taylor had last hit an ODI century eight years back in 2013 against New Zealand in Kingston. Between 2013 and 2021, she registered 20 half-centuries, including five scores of 90 and more. Those five scores of 90 and more make her the number one batter in women’s ODIs to register maximum scores of 90s.

With six ODI centuries, the 30-year old is now 10th on the list of women cricketers with the most hundreds in ODIs. She is also the third-highest run-getter in the 50-over format behind India’s Mithali Raj and England’s Charlotte Edwards. Taylor has mustered 4859 runs in 127 matches at an average of 44.99. Her stellar average makes her the 12th best in the list of ODI career averages. Her ODI career is embellished with six centuries and 36 half-centuries. She has the third-highest number of 50+ scores with 42. She is also the third on the list of captains scoring maximum runs in a series. The right-hand bat has amassed 843 runs in 19 innings during the ICC World Cup events at an average of 49.58, including nine half-centuries.

Stafanie Taylor
Stafanie Taylor

In her illustrious career that spans over 13 years, she has registered the highest score of 171, which came against Sri Lanka in Mumbai. She is the seventh in the list of women cricketers with maximum ODI runs in an innings.

Also Read:  Nida Dar becomes the first Pakistani player ever to take 100 T20I wickets

Apart from her batting brilliance, she has been an exceptional bowler as well. Taylor bowls right-arm off-spin and has scalped 145 wickets in 127 matches, including five four-wicket hauls. She is ninth on the list of women cricketers with maximum wickets in ODIs. She has accounted for 17 caught and bowled wickets, which makes her the highest bowler to do so in ODIs. She picks up a wicket every sixth over that she bowls and has an economy of 3.42. She also has 12 instances when she has opened the batting and bowling for West Indies in ODIs.

I am a former cricketer having represented Mumbai University at All India University level. I was a part of MCA probables for the U-19 and U-23 age group. I have been an avid cricket writer for the last five years. Currently I am pursuing my Ph.D from IIT Bombay.

Join Our WhatsApp Channel Join Now
Follow us on Instagram Join Now

Liked the story? Leave a comment here