1. Stafanie Roxann Taylor was born on 11th June 1991 in Jamaica, her love for sports was visible from a very early age.
2. Hence she started playing cricket at the age of 8 in primary school. She also played for the male team and scored a century for the school’s male U-16 team.
3. She was also an amazing footballer and had to make a choice between cricket and football.
4. Later she realized that career in Cricket will give her more opportunities to travel than football and from there on her journey as a professional cricketer began.
5. Stefanie’s career in the West Indies team started at the age of 17 and soon became an essential part of the team.
6. She made her ODI debut on 24th June 2008 and Test debut on 27th June 2008 vs Ireland.
7. Stafanie scored her highest T20 total on debut smashing 90 runs from 49 balls and scored her very 1st ODI half-century in the very next game.
8. In 2013 Taylor became the 1st player (male & female) to achieve No.1 ODI ranking in both batting and bowling.
9. She was the fastest to score 1000 runs by blowing the Sri-Lankan bowlers to notch up a bizarre score of 171.
10. Since debut Stafanie has represented West Indies 80 times.
11. List of her achievements doesn’t stop here. In 2011 she was Awarded as ICC Women’s Cricketer of the year. Stafanie also became ICC Women’s ODI and T20 cricketer of the year in 2012 and 2015 respectively.
12. She turned to be the 1st female Cricketer to score a century and to take 4 wickets in an inning of WODI.
13. She played her 100th ODI against INDIA on 29th June 2017 in Women’s World Cup and her 100th T20 against Australia on 18th Sept 2019.
14. Stefanie is also the captain of NLCB Revellers in the Caribbean Premier League.
15. This 28-year young talented player has fortified many budding players across the globe.
Female Cricket is a digital news portal that aims to spread, share and celebrate the journey of our female cricketers around the world.