1st ODI: Australia Women v Pakistan | Squads | Players to Watch | Fantasy Playing XI | Live streaming

Pakistan Women’s tour of Australia starts on January 16 with a three-match ODI series followed by a three-match T20I series that concludes on January 29. The first ODI of the three-match series between Australia and Pakistan Women will be played on January 16 at Allan Border Field in Brisbane, Australia. The game will begin at 5.35 AM IST (10.05 AM LOCAL).

1st ODI: Australia Women v Pakistan | Squads | Players to Watch | Fantasy Playing XI | Live streaming

Ahead of the ODI series, Pakistan Women played a match against Ashleigh Gardner-led Governor-General’s XI, including some of Australia’s star players. Pakistan lost that game by 53 runs as they failed to chase 236 set by the home side.

Squads

Australia: Meg Lanning (c), Tahlia McGrath (vc), Darcie Brown, Nicola Carey, Ashleigh Gardner, Kim Garth, Jess Jonassen, Alana King, Phoebe Litchfield, Beth Mooney, Ellyse Perry, Megan Schutt, Annabel Sutherland

Pakistan: Bismah Maroof (c), Aliya Riaz, Ayesha Naseem, Diana Baig, Fatima Sana, Kainat Imtiaz, Muneeba Ali, Nashra Sandhu, Nida Dar, Omaima Sohail, Sadaf Shamas, Sadia Iqbal, Sidra Amin, Sidra Nawaz, Tuba Hassan

Players to Watch

Meg Lanning:

The captain of Australia is back in action. After a mental health break, it is expected that the “Megastar” will be itching to go. She has 4463 runs in 100 ODIs, including 15 centuries, which is the highest in women’s ODI cricket. She is unstoppable once she gets going.

Alana King: 

The wily leg-spinner of Australia would have seen the last game played here when the spinners troubled the batters. She has played a dozen ODIs and scalped 14 wickets. She is a genuine wicket-taker and, at the same time, an economical bowler. She can also be handy with the bat in the lower order.

Also Read:  2nd T20I: Australia v Pakistan | Squads | Players to Watch | Fantasy Playing XI | Live streaming

Nida Dar: 

The star all-rounder of Pakistan had a great game against Governor-General’s XI when she accounted for 46/4 in 10 overs. The off-spinner was the most successful bowler for her side. Besides her bowling, she is a solid middle-order batter.

Bismah Maroof:

The captain of Pakistan led the run chase from the front in her last appearance against Governor-General’s XI. The southpaw, batting at number three, mustered 74 off 103, including eight hits to the fence. She will hold the key to her team’s batting success.

Pitch

Before the start of the series, the venue hosted a game between Pakistan Women and Governor-General’s XI. More than 400 runs were scored, and both sides were all out in the process. Spinners enjoyed bowling on this surface. Expect an exciting contest between bat and ball, provided the rain does not stick its head out.

Weather

The weather is expected to see a couple of showers in the morning; otherwise, there will be partial sunshine. The maximum temperature attained during the day will be 29 degrees Celsius. There will be a 48 percent cloud cover and a 67 percent chance of rain. The wind will blow from the east-southeast.

Fantasy Playing XI

Beth Mooney, Muneeba Ali, Meg Lanning, Bismah Maroof, Tahlia McGrath, Nida Dar, Ellyse Perry, Ashleigh Gardner, Alana King, Diana Baig, Megan Schutt

Match details

Date: January 16, 2023

Time: 5.35 AM IST (10.05 AM LOCAL)

Venue: Allan Border Field, Brisbane, Australia

Live streaming: Fox Sports and Seven Network (Australia)

Follow Female Cricket on Instagram and Twitter for all the latest news and updates

I am a former cricketer having represented Mumbai University at All India University level. I was a part of MCA probables for the U-19 and U-23 age group. I have been an avid cricket writer for the last five years. Currently I am pursuing my Ph.D from IIT Bombay.

Also Read:  Match 9: Australia v Pakistan Women | Squads | Players to watch | Fantasy Playing XI | Live streaming
Join Our WhatsApp Channel Join Now
Follow us on Instagram Join Now

Liked the story? Leave a comment here