1st T20I: England vs Australia | Squads | Players to watch | Fantasy Playing XI | Live streaming

After an enthralling 5-day One-Off Test, it now is time for the 3-match Twenty20 International (T20I) series that has its opener scheduled to be played on the 1st of July, 2023. The T20I opener will be hosted at Edgbaston, Birmingham, and will commence at 11:05 PM Indian Standard Time (IST).

1st T20I: England vs Australia | Squads | Players to watch | Fantasy Playing XI | Live streaming

The Women’s Ashes 2023 is a multi-format series comprising a One-Off Test, three T20Is, and three ODIs. In the One-Off Test held at Test Bridge, Nottingham, Australia emerged victorious, giving them a significant advantage over England with a 4-point lead.

Squads

England – Heather Knight (C), Lauren Bell, Maia Bouchier, Alice Capsey, Kate Cross, Freya Davies, Charlie Dean, Sophia Dunkley, Sophie Ecclestone, Danielle Gibson, Sarah Glenn, Amy Jones, Nat Sciver-Brunt (VC), Issy Wong, Lauren Winfield-Hill, Danielle Wyatt

Australia – Alyssa Healy (C), Tahlia McGrath (VC), Darcie Brown, Ashleigh Gardner, Kim Garth, Grace Harris, Jess Jonassen, Alana King, Phoebe Litchfield, Beth Mooney, Ellyse Perry, Megan Schutt, Annabel Sutherland, Georgia Wareham

Players to watch out:

Nat Sciver-Brunt

The 30-year-old all-rounder in T20Is in 104 innings has scored 2175 runs, including the highest of 82 at a strike rate of 114.77, while in 99 innings has struck 79 wickets at an economy rate of 6.47 and has got the best of 4/15.

Issy Wong

The 21-year-old pacer in T20Is, in 9 outings has struck 7 wickets, including the best of 2/10 at an economy rate of 6.25. Issy hasn’t had the best of forms lately, but has looked in good shape, and expect early wickets of her.

Grace Harris

The 23-year-old all-rounder in T20Is, in 21 innings has scored 334 runs, including the highest of 64* at a strike rate of 173.05, while has struck 9 wickets. Featuring for Australia A, Grace has been in excellent form, and expect an influential performance of the all-rounder.

Also Read:  Which 8 Australian Cricketers could make their Women’s ODI World Cup Debut this year?

Georgia Wareham

The 24-year-old leg-spinner in T20Is, in 37 outings has struck 42 wickets, including the best of 3/12 at an economy rate of 5.95. Georgia has been in excellent all-round form lately, featuring for the national ‘A’ side scoring big runs and scalping wickets.

Pitch:

The 22 yards at Edgbaston form a good batting-friendly surface with an average score in the 140s. However, the wicket also has enough in it for bowlers, especially spinners who can dominate during the middle overs.

Weather:

With moderate winds, humidity at 59%, and the temperature expected to hover around 20°C, the overall conditions are pleasant. The overhead is expected to be partly cloudy, however, the chances of rain are minimal.

Fantasy playing XI:

Beth Mooney, Alyssa Healy, Danielle Wyatt, Tahlia McGrath, Grace Harris, Nat Sciver-Brunt, Ashleigh Gardner, Ellyse Perry, Sophie Ecclestone, Alana King, Issy Wong

Match details:

Date – July 01, 2023
Time – 11:05 PM IST
Venue – Edgbaston, Birmingham
Broadcast – Sky Sports in England. Sony Sports Network and Sony LIV App in India

Join Our WhatsApp Channel Join Now
Follow us on Instagram Join Now

Liked the story? Leave a comment here