Suzie Bates has her say on the Upcoming England ODI series and the 50 over World Cup 2021

After an agonizing 2-1 defeat in the T20I series, New Zealand veteran Suzie Bates spoke to the media about how the team is working to improve and convert more wins, ahead of the ODI series against England, while keeping in mind the 50 over world cup in march 2022.

Suzie Bates complete 250 International Matches for New Zealand
Suzie Bates complete 250 International Matches for New Zealand

She spoke about how important this series is, building up to the World cup in March and how creating a winning run now will boost their confidence.

She said “I think everyone has been in the same position when they are bowling, batting or fielding, you know we are thinking about 50 over cricket. So yeah I think the 20-20s were nice to get into some cricket but the real business in this tour starts now. Every game counts towards momentum to that world cup in my opinion.”

Bates has scored 4548* runs and picked up 75* wickets in ODIs for New Zealand so far. She will be in action in the 5 match series vs England, starting 16th September 2021.

NZ will be looking for resurgence while England will be all in to continue their domination.

The series will start today (16th September 2021) at Bristol and conclude on Sunday (26th September 2021) at Canterbury. The 50 over world cup next year is scheduled to begin on 4th March in New Zealand at the Bay Oval.

With the home advantage, can New Zealand seize the opportunity and shoot their shot? Will England be eyeing their second consecutive title? Or can India finally get their hands on ICC silverware?

Loves all things female cricket

Also Read:  Emma Lamb called as replacement for Maia Bouchier and Charlie Dean in England Squad
Join Our WhatsApp Channel Join Now
Follow us on Instagram Join Now

Liked the story? Leave a comment here