Tash Farrant, Freya Davies and Sophia Dunkley to feature in the England T20I squad

The New Zealand women’s tour of England 2021 will kickstart on September 1. The 8-match series comprises 5 ODIs and 3 T20s, which will start at Chelmsford. The England T20I squad has been announced and it will be captained by Heather Knight. In addition, Tash Farrant, Freya Ruth, and Sophia Dunkley have also been named to the squad.

England beat India by 18 Runs in 1st T20I. PC: England Cricket / Twitter
England beat India by 18 Runs in 1st T20I. PC: England Cricket / Twitter

Tash Farrant

Natasha Eleni Farrant is a star pace bowler of the England Women’s Cricket Team. She made her international debut in 2013 at the tender age of 17 in a series against the Pakistan Women’s Team. After going through a little rough patch between 2016-18 and having her central contract terminated by the ECB in 2019, Farrant was recalled to the team for the series against New Zealand in January 2021. Farrant also played in the Hundred tournament and was a part of the Oval Invincibles team who became champions of the inaugural edition. Tash finished the tournament with the most Wickets (18).

Freya Ruth Davies

Freya Ruth Davies is another pace bowler who plays for the English side. Davies made her international debut in a T20 match against Sri Lanka in March 2019.  In February 2019, although she was uncapped at the time, Davies was one of twenty-one cricketers to be awarded a central contract by the England and Wales Cricket Board. Davies also participated in the Hundred’s inaugural edition and was part of the London Spirit Women’s squad.

Also Read:  New Zealand women's team to play a Warm-up game against England A

Sophia Dunkley

Sophia Ivy Rose Dunkley plays the all-rounder role in the English squad. Dunkley debuted internationally in November 2018 against Bangladesh at the 2018 ICC Women’s World Twenty20. Sophia also participated in the Hundred’s inaugural edition from the Southern Brave side and showcased a commendable performance in the tournament. She was the 3rd highest (244 Runs) in the Run-Scoring department.

England Women’s T20I Squad for the series against New Zealand:

Heather Knight (Captain), Nat Sciver, Tammy Beaumont, Maia Bouchier, Katherine Brunt, Freya Davies, Charlotte Dean, Sophia Dunkley, Sophie Ecclestone, Tash Farrant, Sarah Glenn, Amy Jones, Anya Shrubsole, Mady Villiers and Danni Wyatt.

Loves all things female cricket

Join Our WhatsApp Channel Join Now
Follow us on Instagram Join Now

Liked the story? Leave a comment here