3rd T20I: England vs New Zealand | Squads | Players to watch | Fantasy Playing XI | Live Streaming | Pitch Report

Hosts England, with back-to-back wins in the ongoing 5-match Twenty20 International (T20I) series against New Zealand, have put the visitors on the back foot with a must-win task in the forthcoming games. The first of three series deciders, the 3rd T20I, will be played at St Lawrence Ground, Canterbury, on the 11th of July 2024, at 11:00 PM Indian Standard Time (IST).

3rd T20I: England vs New Zealand
3rd T20I: England vs New Zealand

Squads:

England – Heather Knight (C), Lauren Bell, Maia Bouchier, Alice ⁠Capsey, Charlie ⁠Dean, Sophia Dunkley, Sophie ⁠Ecclestone, Lauren Filer, Danielle Gibson, Sarah Glenn, ⁠Bess Heath, Amy ⁠Jones, Freya ⁠Kemp, Nat Sciver-Brunt, Linsey Smith, Danielle Wyatt

New Zealand – Sophie Devine (C), Suzie Bates, Eden Carson, Izzy Gaze (WK), Maddy Green, Mikaela Greig, Brooke Halliday, Fran Jonas, Jess Kerr, Lea Tahuhu, Leigh Kasperek, Melie Kerr, Molly Penfold, Georgia Plimmer, Hannah Rowe

Players to watch out:

Alice Capsey

The 19-year-old batting all-rounder, from 29 T20I outings, has accumulated 571 runs, including a highest score of 51, striking at 124.94, while also taking 5 wickets and maintaining an economy rate of 6.42, with best figures of 51 and 2/4. An innings apart, in her previous few T20I innings, Alice has registered scores of 31 and 28, and she should be backed to build on these starts, following up with a big score.

Charlie Dean

The 23-year-old off-spinner, from 26 T20I outings, has scalped 34 wickets, including best figures of 4/19, maintaining an economy rate of 6.86, and has also been handy with the bat, adding 102 runs, including a highest score of 34, striking at 109.67. Charlie’s returns from her previous four bowling figures read 0/16 (3), 1/46 (4), 2/28 (3), and 2/3 (1), and it is hoped she continues this momentum, leading the tally.

Also Read:  Match 17: Gujarat Giants v UP Warriorz | Squads | Players to Watch | Fantasy Playing XI | Live streaming 

Sophie Devine

The 34-year-old all-rounder, in T20Is, from 128 outings has amassed 3193 runs at an average of 28.50 and a strike rate of 122.10, and from 115 innings, she has also taken 117 wickets, registering best figures of 105 and 4/22. Sophie hasn’t taken a wicket on this tour, and while she managed starts in the ODIs, in the T20Is she departed for 0 and 9. The team will count on her to step up her efforts in the must-win games.

Leigh Kasperek

The 32-year-old off-spinner, averaging 14.35 and maintaining an economy rate of 6.35, has secured 78 wickets, including best figures of 4/7, from 49 T20Is, and has also been more than handy with the bat. Leigh has displayed good form of late, including in an ‘A’ series earlier this year against England and in domestic cricket. In her first T20I since July 2023, in the 2nd T20I this series, she registered figures of 1/11 and can be counted on to capitalize on this momentum.

Pitch:

The center strip at St Lawrence Ground provides a certain degree of assistance to batters. Although it is a batting-friendly surface, the average score at the venue remains in the 140s, indicating opportunities for bowlers, particularly pacers, to exploit.

Weather:

With cloudy skies and a passing shower expected later in the game, the chances of a complete game in Canterbury are still high. The temperature is forecasted to hover around 19°C, with light winds and a humidity of 64%.

Fantasy playing XI:

Amy ⁠Jones, Maia Bouchier, Danielle Wyatt, Sophia Dunkley, Nat Sciver-Brunt, Melie Kerr, Sophie Devine, Danielle Gibson, Charlie ⁠Dean, Hannah Rowe, Sophie ⁠Ecclestone

Also Read:  Defending Champions England announces squad for 2022 ICC Women’s World Cup

Match details:

Date – July 11, 2024

Time – 11:00 PM IST

Venue – St Lawrence Ground, Canterbury

Broadcast – The game will be live-streamed on the FanCode app and website.

Join Our WhatsApp Channel Join Now
Follow us on Instagram Join Now
Subscribe to our YouTube Channel Join Now

Liked the story? Leave a comment here