3rd T20I: Namibia v Netherlands | Squads | Players to watch | Fantasy Playing XI

The third T20I of the five-match series between Namibia and Netherlands will be played on June 28 at the Sportpark Thurlede in Schiedam, Netherlands. Namibia have taken a 1-0 lead in the series after beating Netherlands by three wickets in the second T20I. The first match was abandoned without a ball being bowled.

In the second T20I, Netherlands were bowled out for 80 overs in 15 overs and in reply Namibia completed the formalities in 19.5 overs with three wickets in hand. The match went all the way down the wire as Namibia chased down the target on the penultimate ball of the match. Sterre Kalis starred with the bat for Netherlands with a 29-ball 35 while for Namibia Jurriene Diergaardt led the run chase with a 40-ball 23. Among the bowlers, Sune Wittman was the pick of the bowlers for Namibia as she scalped 20/4 while for Netherlands Iris Zwilling was the most successful bowler with the figures of 20/3.

3rd T20I: Namibia v Netherlands | Squads | Players to watch | Fantasy Playing XI

Head-to-Head

Namibia and Netherlands have played two T20Is against each other with both the teams winning one match each.

Squads

Namibia: Adri van der Merwe, Dietlind Foerster, Edelle Van Zyl, Jurriene Diergaardt, Sylvia Shihepo, Irene van Zyl (captain), Mekelanye Mwatile, Sune Wittman, Kayleen Green (WK), Yasmeen Khan (WK), Merczerly Gorases, Shiomwenyo Namusha, Victoria Hamunyela, Wilka Mwatile

Netherlands: Juliet Post, Robine Rijke, Sterre Kalis, Heather Siegers, Iris Zwilling, Marloes Braat, Babette de Leede (WK), Jolien van Vliet (WK), Caroline de Lange, Eve Lynch, Frederique Overdijk, Gwendolyn Bloemen, Hannah Landheer, Isabel van der Woning, Silver Siegers

Also Read:  Namibia to tour Netherlands for 5 T20Is between 27th June to 1st July

Players to watch

Sune Wittmann: 

She was the most successful bowler for Namibia in her last appearance against Netherlands. The right arm medium pace bowler claimed 20/4 in four overs, including three wickets in the 15th over of the innings. She bowled well in the middle overs.

Jurriene Diergaardt: 

She led the run chase from the front for Namibia against Netherlands in her last match. The right-handed opening batter scored 23 runs off 40 balls, including three boundaries. She held the innings together and was there till the 16th over of the match.

Iris Zwilling: 

This right arm medium pace bowler from Netherlands was the pick of the bowlers as she scalped 20/3 in four overs against Namibia in her last match. She opened the bowling and bowled well with the new ball. She accounted for as many as 12 dot balls in her spell.

Sterre Kalis: 

The right-handed opening batter top scored with 35 runs off 29 balls, including four boundaries and a six in her last outing against Namibia. She laid a solid foundation and was there till the 12th over of the match. Going into the next match, Netherlands will want her to give them a good start again.

Pitch

The last match that was played at this venue was a low scoring contest as just over 160 runs were scored. 17 wickets fell in the process. The team batting second won the match chasing 81 runs. The venue does not seem to be too batting friendly on the other hand, the bowlers have enjoyed bowling here. The last match that was played just a few hours back went all the way down the wire. So, another exciting contest can be expected between the two sides.

Also Read:  All you need to know about Women's T20 World Cup Africa Division 1 Qualifiers

Weather

The weather is expected to be partly sunny. The temperature can go up to 23 degrees Celsius. As per the forecast, there is just a three percent chance of rain and 34 percent cloud cover. The wind will blow from the south-southwest.

Fantasy Playing XI

Babette de Leede, Jurriene Diergaardt, Robine Rijke, Sterre Kalis, Heather Siegers, Iris Zwilling, Kayleen Green, Sune Wittmann, Irene van Zyl, Silver Siegers, Sylvia Shihepo

Match details

Date: June 28, 2022

Time: 7.30PM IST

Venue: Sportpark Thurlede, Schiedam, Netherlands

Follow Female Cricket on Instagram and Twitter for all the latest news and updates

I am a former cricketer having represented Mumbai University at All India University level. I was a part of MCA probables for the U-19 and U-23 age group. I have been an avid cricket writer for the last five years. Currently I am pursuing my Ph.D from IIT Bombay.

Join Our WhatsApp Channel Join Now
Follow us on Instagram Join Now

Liked the story? Leave a comment here