2nd T20I: Namibia v Netherlands | Squads | Players to watch | Fantasy Playing XI

The second T20I between Namibia and Netherlands will be played on June 28 at the Sportpark Thurlede in Schiedam, Netherlands. The first match was abandoned without a ball being bowled.

2nd T20I: Namibia v Netherlands | Squads | Players to watch | Fantasy Playing XI

Head-to-Head

Namibia and Netherlands have played just the one T20I against each other. It was played in 2019 and Netherlands went on to win that match.

Squads

Namibia: Adri van der Merwe, Dietlind Foerster, Edelle Van Zyl, Jurriene Diergaardt, Sylvia Shihepo, Irene van Zyl (captain), Mekelanye Mwatile, Sune Wittman, Kayleen Green (WK), Yasmeen Khan (WK), Merczerly Gorases, Shiomwenyo Namusha, Victoria Hamunyela, Wilka Mwatile

Netherlands: Juliet Post, Robine Rijke, Sterre Kalis, Heather Siegers, Iris Zwilling, Marloes Braat, Babette de Leede (WK), Jolien van Vliet (WK), Caroline de Lange, Eve Lynch, Frederique Overdijk, Gwendolyn Bloemen, Hannah Landheer, Isabel van der Woning, Silver Siegers

Players to watch

Sune Wittmann: 

This right-handed batter and right arm medium pace bowler from Namibia has played 36 T20Is in which she has scored 492 runs, including a couple of half-centuries. Apart from her batting, she is good with the ball and has 23 wickets in 26 innings, including one five wicket haul to her name.

Edelle Van Zyl: 

She made her international debut for Namibia in 2018 and since then has featured in 15 T20Is. The right-handed batter has mustered 83 runs in nine innings, including the best of 27 not out.

Heather Siegers: 

She is a talented all-rounder from the Netherlands, who is a right-handed batter and a right arm medium pace bowler. She has been a part of 22 T20Is. She has registered 280 runs in 21 innings, including the best of 45 and with the ball has picked up 18 wickets in 20 innings.

Also Read:  5th T20I: Namibia v Netherlands | Squads | Players to watch | Fantasy Playing XI

Sterre Kalis: 

She is a quality right-handed top order batter from the Netherlands, who has 556 T20I runs in 17 matches, including once century and two half-centuries. She can also be more than handy with the ball. She bowls right arm medium pace and has four wickets in as many T20I innings.

Pitch

This will be the second women’s T20I that will be played at this venue. The first match was scheduled to be played on June 27 here but it was abandoned without a ball being bowled. The wicket used for today’s match is expected to be a fresh one which could aid the batters. Also, the partly sunny conditions could keep the wicket nice and hard.

Weather

The weather is expected to be partly sunny. The temperature can go up to 23 degrees Celsius. As per the forecast, there is just a three percent chance of rain and 34 percent cloud cover. The wind will blow from the south-southwest.

Fantasy Playing XI

Babette de Leede, Edelle Van Zyl, Robine Rijke, Sterre Kalis, Heather Siegers, Iris Zwilling, Kayleen Green, Sune Wittmann, Irene van Zyl, Silver Siegers, Sylvia Shihepo

Match details

Date: June 28, 2022

Time: 2.30PM IST

Venue: Sportpark Thurlede, Schiedam, Netherlands

Follow Female Cricket on Instagram and Twitter for all the latest news and updates

Loves all things female cricket

Join Our WhatsApp Channel Join Now
Follow us on Instagram Join Now

Liked the story? Leave a comment here