3rd T20I: Namibia v Germany | Squads | Players to watch | Fantasy Playing XI

The third and the final T20I between Namibia and Germany will be played on July 3 at Bayer Uerdingen Cricket Ground in Krefeld, Germany. Namibia lead the three-match series 2-0.

In the second T20I, Namibia beat Germany by 150 runs after scoring 221/3 in 20 overs. In reply, Germany were reduced to 71/7 in 20 overs. Christina Gough top scored with 15 runs for the hosts while Sune Wittmann starred with the bat for visitors with 80 runs. With the ball, it was Irene van Zyl who struck with 20/2 for Namibia, while for Germany, Antonia Meyenborg and Shravya Kolcharam claimed one wicket each.

Head to Head

Namibia and Germany have played two T20Is against each other and Namibia have won both the matches.

Squads

Germany: Anuradha Doddaballapur (captain), Janet Ronalds, Karthika Vijayaraghavan (wicket-keeper), Peris Wadenpohl, Sharmaine Mannan, Milena Beresford, Suzanne Renee, Antonia Meyenborg, Asmita Kohli, Sabeena Noor, Stephanie Frohnmayer, Christina Gough, Sharaanya Sadarangani (wicket-keeper), Shravya Kolcharam

Namibia: Irene van Zyl (captain), Jurriene Diergaardt, Dietlind Foerster (wicket-keeper), Merczerly Gorases, Kayleen Green, Victoria Hamunyela, Yasmeen Khan (wicket-keeper), Mekelaye Mwatile, Wilka Mwatile, Sylvia Shihepo, Adri van der Merwe, Edelle van Zyl, Sune Wittmann

Players to watch

Sune Wittmann:

The Namibian all-rounder had a good outing with both bat and ball in the second T20I against Germany. The right-handed batter opened the batting and muscled 80 runs off just 33 balls, including 10 boundaries and five sixes. With the ball, she claimed 6/1 in four overs, bowling right arm medium pace.

Irene van Zyl:

The right arm speedster from Namibia was the most successful bowler in the second T20I against Germany. She scalped 20/2 in four overs. She opened the bowling and bowled well with the new ball.

Also Read:  1st T20I: Namibia v Germany | Squads | Players to watch | Fantasy Playing XI

Shravya Kolcharam:

She was one of the two wicket-takers for Germany in the second T20I against Namibia. She picked up 31/1 in three overs and bowled in the middle phase of the innings. She is a right arm medium pace bowler.

Christina Gough:

The right-handed opening batter of Germany top scored with 15 runs off 18 balls, including one boundary and a six against Namibia in the second T20I. She looked to lay a solid foundation but kept losing partners at regular intervals and also perished against the run of play

Pitch

The last match that was played here saw close to 300 runs being scored and 10 wickets fell in the process. The team batting first won the match after posting 221 runs in 20 overs. The wicket is expected to be batting-friendly.

Weather

The weather is expected to see partial sunshine. The temperature can go up to 24 degrees Celsius. As per the forecast, there is 25 percent chance of rain and 34 percent cloud cover. The wind will blow from the west-northwest.

Fantasy playing XI

Yasmeen Khan, Adri van der Merwe, Janet Ronalds, Stephanie Frohnmayer, Anuradha Doddaballapur, Christina Gough, Shravya Kolcharam, Sune Wittmann, Victoria Hamunyela, Sylvia Shihepo, Irene van Zyl

Match details

Date: July 3, 2022

Time: 7 PM IST

Venue: Bayer Uerdingen Cricket Ground, Krefeld, Germany

Follow Female Cricket on Instagram and Twitter for all the latest news and updates

I am a former cricketer having represented Mumbai University at All India University level. I was a part of MCA probables for the U-19 and U-23 age group. I have been an avid cricket writer for the last five years. Currently I am pursuing my Ph.D from IIT Bombay.

Also Read:  3rd T20I: Namibia v Netherlands | Squads | Players to watch | Fantasy Playing XI
Join Our WhatsApp Channel Join Now
Follow us on Instagram Join Now

Liked the story? Leave a comment here