Match 5: Dragons v Scorchers | Squads | Players to Watch | Fantasy Playing XI | Live streaming

The fifth match of the Arachas Super Series T20 Trophy 2022, a domestic competition in Ireland, will be played on July 3 between Dragons and Scorchers at Anglesea Road in Dublin.

Match 5: Dragons v Scorchers | Squads | Players to Watch | Fantasy Playing XI | Live streaming

Match Preview

Squads

Dragons: Leah Paul (captain), Amy Caulfield, Alison Cowan, Zara Craig, Alana Dalzell, Mollie Devine, Sarah Forbes, Abbi Harrison, Amy Hunter, Charlotte Lyons, Kia McCartney, Kate McEvoy, Cara Murray, Orla Prendergast, Jemma Rankin

Scorchers: Gaby Lewis (captain), Christina Coulter Reilly, Rachel Delaney, Shauna Kavanagh, Anna Kerrison, Hannah Little, Sophie MacMahon, Niamh MacNulty, Aimee Maguire, Jane Maguire, Lara Maritz, Ellie McGee, Eimear Richardson, Jenny Sparrow, Siúin Woods

Players to watch

Amy Hunter:

She is a right-handed batter who plays her domestic cricket for the Dragons. She has also represented Ireland at the international level in 2021 when she featured in three T20Is and five ODIs.

Leah Paul:

She is a left-handed batter and a left arm spinner from the Dragons, who has featured in 23 T20Is for Ireland since her international debut in the format in 2019. She has mustered 149 runs in 14 innings and claimed 19 wickets in as many innings, including one four wicket haul.

Gaby Lewis:

The captain of Scorchers led the run chase from the front with 46 runs off 32 balls, including seven boundaries against Typhoons in her last outing. The right-handed opening batter set the foundation and stitched a 62-run partnership with Bhavisha Devchand.

Bhavisha Devchand:

The right arm medium pace bowler from Scorchers scalped 24/1 in her last match against Typhoons. She bowled consistent lines and lengths in the middle period of the innings thereby restricting the free flow of runs. With the bat, she scored 14 runs off 15 balls, opening the batting.

Also Read:  Match 7: Scorchers v Dragons | Squads | Players to Watch | Fantasy Playing XI | Live streaming

Pitch

This will be the second match of the tournament at this venue. The first match was played just a few hours back. More than 300 runs were scored and the team batting second won the match chasing 155 runs. The wicket seems to be batting-friendly. Expect a high-scoring contest.

Weather

The weather is expected to see variable cloudiness. The temperature can go up to 18 degrees Celsius in the day. The expected cloud cover will be 90 percent with 25 percent chance of rain. The wind will blow from the west.

Fantasy Playing XI

Shauna Kavanagh, Gaby Lewis, Anna Kerrison, Amy Hunter, Sophie MacMahon, Bhavisha Devchand, Rachel Delaney, Leah Paul, Jane Maguire, Abbi Harrison, Cara Murray

Match details

Date: July 3, 2022

Time: 7.30PM IST

Venue: Anglesea Road, Dublin

Live streaming: Fan Code

I am a former cricketer having represented Mumbai University at All India University level. I was a part of MCA probables for the U-19 and U-23 age group. I have been an avid cricket writer for the last five years. Currently I am pursuing my Ph.D from IIT Bombay.

Join Our WhatsApp Channel Join Now
Follow us on Instagram Join Now

Liked the story? Leave a comment here