Preview: Match 9 – Kenya vs Rwanda, Squads, Suggested Playing XI, Top picks, Conditions

Day 5 of the seventh edition of the Kwibuka Women’s T20 tournament will see Kenya taking on Rwanda in the first match at the Gahanga International Cricket Stadium in Rwanda. The match will begin at 9.30 am local (1 pm IST) on June 10.

Rwanda Women's Cricket Team. PC: Twitter
Rwanda Women’s Cricket Team. PC: Twitter

Match preview

1) Squads

Kenya:  Sylvia Kinyua, Sharon Juma, Margaret Ngoche † (c), Jane Otieno, Ruth Achando, Sarah Wetoto, Queentor Abel, Edith Waithaka, Veronica Abuga , Esther Wachira, Fiavia Odhiambo, Daisy Njoroge, Mercyline Ochieng, Monicah Ndhambi , Brenda Mogusu, Melvin Idambo

Rwanda: Delphine Mukarurangwa, Cathia Uwamahoro, Henriette Ishimwe, Marie Bimenyimana, Immaculee Muhawenimana, Gisele Ishimwe, Sarah Uwera (c), Sifa Ingabire, Alice Ikuzwe, Flora Irakoze, Josiane Nyirankundineza, Diane Dusabemungu, Margueritte Vumiliya , Antoinette Uwimbabazi, Belyse Murekatete, Merveille Uwase, Josiane Uwimbabazi, Olive Dusabimana

2) Players to watch out for – Must-haves in your Fantasy XI

Sarah Wetoto: The 32-year old right-arm off-spinner from Kenya has scalped nine wickets in three appearances. She has bowled 12 overs and conceded 41 runs, with an economy of 3.41 and an average of 4.55.

Queentor Abel: The 23-year old right-hand bat from Kenya is the leading run-getter for her side so far with 94 runs in the three matches that she has played striking at a rate of over 100 and an average of 47. She has a top score of 40.

Henriette Ishimwe: The 18-year old all-rounder has contributed both with bat and ball. With the bat, she is the joint leading run getter for her side with Sifa Ingabire and highest wicket-taker for her team alongside Alice Ikuzwe.

Also Read:  Top 5 Highest T20I Team scores in Women's Cricket

Alice Ikuzwe: The 22-year old right arm speedster from Rwanda is known for her disciplined bowling. In her three outings so far, she has already scalped four wickets and is the leading wicket-taker of the side.

3) Suggested Fantasy XI Picks

Sharon Juma (WK), Sifa Ingabire, Veronica Abuga, Melvin Idambo, Sarah Wetoto (C), Queentor Abel (VC), Henriette Ishimwe, Alice Ikuzwe, Immaculee Muhawenimana, Belyse Murekatete, Lavendah Idambo

4) Pitch Report

In the last five matches, the teams batting first have posted scores in excess of 100. Apart from just one instance, the team defending the score has won. It is expected that the pitch will aid the batters initially and as the match goes on, batting will get difficult.

Follow us on Twitter and Instagram for all the updates

I am a former cricketer having represented Mumbai University at All India University level. I was a part of MCA probables for the U-19 and U-23 age group. I have been an avid cricket writer for the last five years. Currently I am pursuing my Ph.D from IIT Bombay.

Join Our WhatsApp Channel Join Now
Follow us on Instagram Join Now

Liked the story? Leave a comment here