Ireland Women’s tour of Pakistan 2022 | Squad | Schedule | Team News

With international cricket returning to Pakistan, it now is Ireland that’ll be hosted by the Pakistan Cricket Board (PCB) for the first time later this year. The 6-match white-ball series on schedule will see the sides contest over 3 One-Day Internationals (ODI’s) and 3 Twenty20 Internationals (T20I’s) at the Gaddafi Stadium in Lahore.

Ireland Women's tour of Pakistan 2022 | Squad | Schedule | Team News
Ireland Women’s tour of Pakistan 2022 | Squad | Schedule | Team News

The 3-match ODI series is a part of the ICC Women’s Championship 2022-25 and the series is the 2nd for both sides, Pakistan and Ireland. While, results from their 1st series see Pakistan with a 2-1 series win against Sri Lanka with 4 points to their name and Ireland having lost their series, 0-3 to South Africa, are yet to get their first points on the board.

Pakistan’s ODI Squad for the series against Ireland Women

Pakistan – Bismah Maroof (C), Aimen Anwar, Aliya Riaz, Fatima Sana, Ghulam Fatima, Kainat Imtiaz, Muneeba Ali (WK), Nashra Sandhu, Nida Dar, Omaima Sohail, Sadaf Shamas, Sadia Iqbal, Sidra Amin, Sidra Nawaz (WK) and Umm-e-Hani

Reserve – Ayesha Naseem and Tuba Hassan

Ireland – Laura Delany (C), Rachel Delaney, Amy Hunter, Shauna Kavanagh, Arlene Kelly, Gaby Lewis, Louise Little, Jane Maguire, Cara Murray, Leah Paul, Orla Prendergast, Celeste Raack, Eimear Richardson, Rebecca Stokell, Mary Waldron

Pakistan’s ODI Squad for the series against Ireland Women

Pakistan – Bismah Maroof (c), Aimen Anwar, Aliya Riaz, Ayesha Naseem, Fatima Sana, Javeria Khan, Kainat Imtiaz, Muneeba Ali (wk), Nida Dar, Omaima Sohail, Nashra Sandhu, Sadaf Shamas, Sadia Iqbal, Sidra Amin, and Tuba Hassan

Reserve – Ghulam Fatima, Sidra Nawaz and Umm-e-Hani

Also Read:  Nida Dar completes 3000 International Runs

Ireland’s Squad for the series against Pakistan Women

Ireland – Laura Delany (C), Amy Hunter, Shauna Kavanagh, Arlene Kelly, Gaby Lewis, Louise Little, Sophie MacMahon, Jane Maguire, Cara Murray, Leah Paul, Orla Prendergast, Celeste Raack, Eimear Richardson, Rebecca Stokell, Mary Waldron

SQUAD HIGHLIGHTS :

Key updates in Pakistan Women’s Cricket Team

• Fatima Sana was ruled out of the Women’s T20 Asia Cup that was played earlier this month in Sylhet, Bangladesh after she twisted her ankle playing for the Barbados Royals in the inaugural edition of the Women’s Caribbean Premier League (W-CPL).

• Diana Baig will be missing out on the series as she sustained a shoulder injury playing in the Women’s T20 Asia Cup.

• Javeria Khan last featured for Pakistan in the shortest format in July 2021 against the West Indies and now has marked her return to the side in the T20I format.

Key updates in Ireland Women’s Cricket Team

• Seamer Louise Little and legspinner Celeste Raack mark their return to the side in both ODI and T20I formats.

• Eimear Richardson and Rebecca Stokell have also made it to the 50-over side.

• While Georgina Dempsey failed to make the cut, Rachel Delaney and Sophie MacMahon have managed to grab a spot in the ODI and T20I squad respectively.

SCHEDULE: Ireland Women’s tour of Pakistan 2022

DATE EVENT VENUE TIME
04-Nov-2022 1st ODI Gaddafi Stadium, Lahore 10:00 AM
06-Nov-2022 2nd ODI Gaddafi Stadium, Lahore 10:00 AM
09-Nov-2022 3rd ODI Gaddafi Stadium, Lahore 10:00 AM
12-Nov-2022 1st T20I Gaddafi Stadium, Lahore 10:00 AM
14-Nov-2022 2nd T20I Gaddafi Stadium, Lahore 10:00 AM
16-Nov-2022 3rd T20I Gaddafi Stadium, Lahore 10:00 AM
Also Read:  16-day High-Performance Camp for Pakistan Women's cricket team begins at Abbottabad
Join Our WhatsApp Channel Join Now
Follow us on Instagram Join Now

Liked the story? Leave a comment here