2nd T20I: India v Sri Lanka | Squads | Players to watch | Fantasy Playing XI | Live streaming 

The second T20I of the three-match series between India and Sri Lanka will be played on June 25 Rangiri Dambulla International Stadium, Dambulla in Sri Lanka.

2nd T20I: India v Sri Lanka Women | Squads | Players to watch | Fantasy Playing XI | Live streaming 
2nd T20I: India v Sri Lanka Women | Squads | Players to watch | Fantasy Playing XI | Live streaming

India have taken a 1-0 lead in the series after they beat the hosts by 34 runs on Thursday. Batting first, the visitors posted a fighting score of 138/6 in 20 overs, thanks to Jemimah Rodrigues’ unbeaten 27-ball 36 and Shafali Verma’s run-a-ball 31. In reply, Sri Lanka could manage to score 104/5 in 20 overs, riding on Kavisha Dilhari’s undefeated 47 off 49 balls. Among the bowlers, India’s Radha Yadav was the pick of the bowlers with 22/2 while for Sri Lanka, Inoka Ranaweera wreaked havoc with 30/3.

Jemimah's unbeaten 36 help India beat Sri Lanka by 34 Runs to lead 1-0 series lead
Jemimah’s unbeaten 36 help India beat Sri Lanka by 34 Runs to lead 1-0 series lead . PC: Getty Images

Head-to-Head

India and Sri Lanka have played 19 T20Is against each other, out of which India have won 15, Sri Lanka have won three and one match did not produce a result.

Squads 

India: Harmanpreet Kaur (Captain), Smriti Mandhana (VC), Shafali Verma, Yastika Bhatia (wk), S Meghna, Deepti Sharma, Poonam Yadav, Rajeshwari Gayakwad, Simran Bahadur, Richa Ghosh (wk), Pooja Vastrakar, Meghna Singh, Renuka Singh, Jemimah Rodrigues, Radha Yadav.

Sri Lanka: Chamari Athapaththu (Captain), Hasini Perera, Kavisha Dilhari, Nilakshi de Silva, Anushka Sanjeevani, Oshadhi Ranasinghe, Sugandika Kumari, Inoka Ranaweera, Achini Kulasuriya, Harshitha Samarawickrama, Vishmi Gunaratne, Malsha Shehani, Ama Kanchana, Udeshika Prabodhani, Rashmi de Silva, Hansima Karunaratne, Kaushani Nuthyangana, Sathya Sandeepani, Tharika Sewwandi

Players to watch

Jemimah Rodrigues: The right-handed middle order batter of India top scored in the first T20I with an unbeaten 36 off 27 balls. She came in to bat under pressure and with maturity steading India’s sinking ship and steered the team to a fighting score. She smashed three boundaries and a six during her knock.

Also Read:  Can Indian women's cricket close the gap with the men's game?

Radha Yadav: The left arm spinner from India was the pick of the bowlers in her last outing against Sri Lanka. She scalped 22/2 in four overs. She bowled well in the middle phase of the innings and struck twice in the seventh over of the match.

Kavisha Dilhari: The right-handed middle order batter of Sri Lanka starred with the bat as she mustered an undefeated 47 off 49 balls. She was the lone warrior in the fight as she single handedly fought hard to take her team closer to the finishing line.

Inoka Ranaweera: The left arm spinner from Sri Lanka wreaked havoc with the ball as she claimed 30/3 in four overs in her last match against India. She was the most successful bowler and controlled the opposition’s run flow well in the middle overs.

Pitch

The last match that was played here saw more than 240 runs being scored. 13 wickets fell in the process. The team batting first won the match after posting 138 runs in 20 overs on board. Batting did not look particularly easy as there was some odd bounce and turn. On the other hand, the bowlers, especially the spinners, enjoyed bowling on this wicket. Again an exciting contest between bat and ball is on the cards.

Weather

The weather is expected to be mostly cloudy with a thunderstorm. It will be windy too. The average temperature will be around 28 degrees Celsius. As per the forecast, there is 80 percent chance of rain and 94 percent cloud cover. The wind will blow from the south-west.

Also Read:  Match 5: India v South Africa | Squads | Players to Watch | Fantasy Playing XI | Live streaming

Fantasy Playing XI

Anushka Sanjeewani, Jemimah Rodrigues, Shafali Verma, Smriti Mandhana, Chamari Athapaththu, Harmanpreet Kaur, Deepti Sharma, Kavisha Dilhari, Inoka Ranaweera, Oshadi Ranasinghe, Radha Yadav

Match details

Date: June 25, 2022

Time: 2PM IST

Venue: Rangiri Dambulla International Stadium, Dambulla, Sri Lanka

Live streaming: Fancode

Follow Female Cricket on Instagram and Twitter for all the latest news and updates

I am a former cricketer having represented Mumbai University at All India University level. I was a part of MCA probables for the U-19 and U-23 age group. I have been an avid cricket writer for the last five years. Currently I am pursuing my Ph.D from IIT Bombay.

Join Our WhatsApp Channel Join Now
Follow us on Instagram Join Now

Liked the story? Leave a comment here