Summary: 2nd T20I – Deepti Sharma and Shafali Verma hand India second victory in the series against West Indies

Summary: 2nd T20I – Deepti Sharma and Shafali Verma hand India second victory in the series against West Indies

Shafali Verma. Pic Credits: BCCI
Shafali Verma. Pic Credits: BCCI

After making a record partnership in the previous match, Shafali Verma and Smriti Mandhana stitched another unbeaten stand to take India across the line after Deepti Sharma’s 4-wicket haul had limited West indies to a below-par score of 103. India now go 2-0 up the 5-match series after winning the first two T20I games.

Winning the toss, Windies Women decided to bat first. Seam bowlers Pooja Vastrakar and Shikha Pandey dismissed the opening batters. Hayley Matthews and Stacy-Ann King made 23 and 7 runs respectively. Afterward, it was the spin show. Shemaine Campbelle was stumped on a duck off Radha Yadav’s bowling while Deepti Sharma didn’t let the West Indies batters settle. The off-spinner was brilliant with the ball. Sharma gave only 10 runs and took 4 wickets in total, scalping important wickets of Chedean Nation, who top-scored with 32 and Natasha McLean who made 17. She also dismissed Chinelle Henry on 8 and Sheneta Grimmond on a duck. As wickets kept falling, the run rate was also kept under check. West Indies women made 103 runs as they lost 7 wickets in 20 overs.

In the second innings, opening batters Shafali Verma and Smriti Mandhana took matters in their own hands as they played unbeaten knocks. Verma played the role of an aggressor as she hit 10 fours and 2 sixes in her 35-ball 69. She thus made consecutive half-tons in two matches. Mandhana was the second fiddle. She complimented the 15-year old in their successful partnership. She scored 30 runs in 28 balls to chase the target within 11 overs. India won the match by 10 wickets.

Also Read:  Watch Video: Top 5 Performances of WPL 2024

West Indies Women: 103/7 in 20 overs
India Women: 104/0 in 10.3 overs
Result: India Women won by 10 wickets
Player of the Match: Deepti Sharma (4/10)
Series Status: India Women 2-0 West Indies Women

Loves all things female cricket

Join Our WhatsApp Channel Join Now
Follow us on Instagram Join Now

Liked the story? Leave a comment here