2nd T20I – What all records were created during India vs England 2nd T20I at Hove?

It was an exciting contest between India and England on Sunday, which saw the women in blue snatch a win from the jaws of defeat in the second T20I that was played at Hove to level the three-match series 1-1.

India snatch a victory against England in 2nd T20I at Hove
India snatch a victory against England in 2nd T20I at Hove

India won the match by eight runs and managed to keep the multi-format series alive. England is leading with 8 points to India’s 6 and with just one match to go, the latter have no choice but to win the final encounter to draw the multi-format affair.

During the match, the teams, as well as the players, managed to break some records. Here are a few of them:

India’s First T20I Match at County Ground Hove

The second T20I was the first time India played a T20I at the County Ground in Hove. They played an ODI against England at the same venue in 2008 but the game did not produce any result as rain spoiled the party.

T20I win after 15 Years

The win in the second T20I was India women’s first T20I win against England in England since August 2006. Head to head, England have won 16 out of the 21 games, while India have managed to win just five.

Shafali Supremacy

India’s opening bat Shafali Verma holds the record of hitting maximum 6’s in T20Is for any player below the age of 18. The 17-year old has hit 30 sixes so far. She is followed by her Indian counterpart Jemimah Rodrigues, South Africa’s Chloe Tryon and Vanuatu’s Leimara Tastuki, who are a distant second with three sixes.

Also Read:  India Women tour of West Indies 2019 Announced : Schedule

Radha Yadav goes Wicketless

India’s left-arm spinner Radha Yadav, who was having a dream run in the T20Is, picking up at least one wicket in 27 consecutive matches, put a full stop as she failed to scalp a wicket in the second T20I on Sunday.

Poonam Yadav inching towards a CENTURY

India’s leg spinner Poonam Yadav is the leading wicket-taker in T20Is for India, across men and women’s cricket. Yadav has 98 wickets in 70 matches. Her male counterpart Yuzvendra Chahal is second on the list with 62 wickets in 48 games.

Captain leading the way

England captain Heather Knight, who scored 30 runs in the match, now has mustered 1000 runs in T20Is for the team as a captain. She is now behind former England captain Charlotte Edwards who has 2529 T20I runs as a captain. Overall, Knight has scored 1,331 runs in the shortest format.

Winning Stream broken

England’s 12-match T20I winning streak was broken by India as Harmanpreet Kaur and co. handed an eight-run defeat to England.

I am a former cricketer having represented Mumbai University at All India University level. I was a part of MCA probables for the U-19 and U-23 age group. I have been an avid cricket writer for the last five years. Currently I am pursuing my Ph.D from IIT Bombay.

Also Read:  India Qualifies for Final beating England by 4 Runs
Join Our WhatsApp Channel Join Now
Follow us on Instagram Join Now

Liked the story? Leave a comment here