Analysing Performance of India’s Latest Debutants – Bareddy Anusha, Minnu Mani and Rashi Kanojiya

In the recently concluded India vs Bangladesh T20I series, 3 players made their debut for the Indian Senior Women’s team. Bareddy Anusha and Minnu Mani got their debut caps in the 1st T20I while Rashi Kanojiya got her debut cap in the final 3rd T20I.

India won the first 2 matches to wrap up the series then and there itself. But Bangladesh Women came out victorious in the dead rubber. There were lots of positives to take out for both teams.

Rashi Kanojiya receives her debut cap from Deepti Sharma. PC: BCCI
Rashi Kanojiya receives her debut cap from Deepti Sharma. PC: BCCI

Let’s have a look at the performances of these 3 debutants throughout the series.

1) Bareddy Anusha

The 20-year-old left-arm orthodox bowler hailing from the Anantapur district of Andhra Pradesh, Bareddy Anusha got her cap from the hands of Indian Captain, Harmanpreet Kaur. In her debut match, she bowled a neat and tidy spell of 4-0-24-0, which helped India restrict the Bangladesh Women’s team to just 114 from 20 overs.

In her second match, she took her first-ever international wicket in the form of dangerous Murshida Khatun, as Khatun came down the track to have a go at Anusha, but completely misjudged the line of the ball resulting in getting bowled out. She finished the match with exceptional figures of 4-0-20-1.

2) Minnu Mani

The only debutant from the three to feature in all the matches, Minnu Mani is a right arm off break bowler hailing Wayanad, Kerala. Minnu got her cap from the hands of the Indian opener Smriti Mandhana. Minnu Mani bowled 3 overs in the 1st T20I conceding 21 runs and taking the important wicket of Dangerous Bangladesh Opener Shamima Sultana.

Also Read:  Sharmin Akhter Supta,Salma Khatun, Marufa Akter, Disha Biswas to feature in ODI series against India

In the 2nd T20I, Minnu Mani bowled the spell of the series, conceding just 9 runs from 4 overs while also taking 2 wickets in the process. She once again got the better of Shamima Sultana, which was happening for 2nd time in the series, she also got Ritu Moni’s leg before wicket.

Minnu Mani was a bit expensive in the 3rd T20I considering her previous performances, but she almost gave India a perfect start by taking 2 wickets of Bangladesh’s top 3 batters.

3) Rashi Kanojiya

Rashi Kanojiya was the last among the three to make their debut in the series. Rashi Kanojiya hails from the famous city of Agra, Uttar Pradesh. Rashi Kanojiya replaced Bareddy Anusha in the 3rd T20I. Just like Anusha, Rashi is a left-arm orthodox bowler. She was the most expensive player for the Indian side in the match, returning with match figures of 4-0-31-0.

India will now play 3 ODIs against Bangladesh scheduled to start from 16th July 2023.

Loves all things female cricket

Join Our WhatsApp Channel Join Now
Follow us on Instagram Join Now

Liked the story? Leave a comment here