Harmanpreet Kaur’s Fifty guides India to a 1-0 Series Lead against Bangladesh

In their first international outing in over four months, the Indian women’s cricket team marked their return with a convincing seven-wicket win over Bangladesh. Good bowling performances by Pooja Vastrakar and Deepti Sharma, combined with a blistering half-century from Harmanpreet Kaur, paved the way for India’s triumph.

Harmanpreet Kaur's Fifty guides India to a 1-0 Series Lead against Bangladesh. PC: BCB
Harmanpreet Kaur’s Fifty guides India to a 1-0 Series Lead against Bangladesh. PC: BCB

Opting to field first, Indian captain Harmanpreet’s decision proved fruitful. Vastrakar started the proceedings with a maiden over, displaying impressive movement in the air. It was debutant Minnu Mani who struck first, dismissing Shamima Sultana. Bangladesh’s Shathi Rani, also making her debut, countered Amanjot Kaur with three consecutive boundaries, pushing the team’s total to 46 for 1 after seven overs and instilling a sense of comfort.

However, the Indian bowlers tightened their grip on the game, as the seamers found movement and the spinners extracted sharp turn and bounce. Harmanpreet efficiently rotated the bowlers, and Vastrakar subjected Rani to a barrage of bouncers before dismissing her with a lightning-fast delivery that disturbed the stumps. Following Rani’s departure, the runs dried up for Bangladesh, with only a solitary boundary between overs eight and 16.

The run rate dropped to a mere five per over, and Bangladesh lost three wickets during this period. Defending a modest target, Bangladesh began strongly as Marufa Akter dismissed the dangerous Shafali Varma, who misjudged an incoming delivery. Jemimah Rodrigues struck a couple of crisp boundaries but fell to Sultana Khatun for 11.

However, Mandhana and Harmanpreet ensured that any hopes of a Bangladesh resurgence were swiftly extinguished. Mandhana found her rhythm and immediately followed it up with two consecutive fours off Marufa’s bowling. Harmanpreet joined in the assault, propelling India to 41 for 2 by the end of the sixth over.

Also Read:  Fresh talents called up in India's squad for Bangladesh Tour

The duo capitalized on loose deliveries, forming a formidable partnership of 70 runs off 55 balls for the third wicket. Mandhana’s aggressive approach came to an end when she danced down the track and was stumped for a well-made 38. At that point, victory was well within India’s grasp.

Harmanpreet, benefiting from a dropped catch when on 24, exacted revenge on Bangladesh. Unleashing her powerful shots before reaching her 11th T20I half-century off just 34 deliveries in the 17th over with a six over deep midwicket. The very next delivery sealed the game, as Harmanpreet fittingly finished things off with another boundary through midwicket.

In summary, India’s return to international cricket was marked by an emphatic victory against Bangladesh. The bowlers set the tone by restricting Bangladesh to 114 for 5, and the batters, led by Harmanpreet and Mandhana, ensured a straightforward chase, securing the win with 22 balls to spare.

Sports have always been a huge part of my life, and having played cricket professionally for my state team, I gained a deeper understanding of what it takes to succeed in the world of sports. With an eye for detail and passion for sports, I’m hoping to make a lasting impact in the sports industry.

Also Read:  Semi-Final 1: India v Thailand | Squads | Players to watch | Fantasy Playing XI | Live streaming
Join Our WhatsApp Channel Join Now
Follow us on Instagram Join Now

Liked the story? Leave a comment here