1st T20I: Bangladesh vs India | Squads | Players to watch | Fantasy Playing XI | Live streaming

After a four-month hiatus, the Indian women’s team is geared up to face hosts Bangladesh in the opening match of the three-match Twenty20 International (T20I) series. The game will be held at the Shere Bangla National Stadium in Dhaka on the 9th of July, with a scheduled start time of 1:30 PM Indian Standard Time (IST).

1st T20I: Bangladesh vs India | Squads | Players to watch | Fantasy Playing XI | Live streaming

The two teams, Bangladesh and India, have faced each other in 13 T20I matches, with India emerging as the dominant force with 11 victories compared to Bangladesh’s 2 wins. In addition to the numerical advantage, India also holds the edge in terms of the quality of cricket played, making them the favorites as they enter the series.

Squads:

Bangladesh – Nigar Sultana (C/WK), Nahida Akter, Dilara Akter, Shathi Rani, Shamima Sultana, Sobhana Mostary, Murshida Khatun, Shorna Akter, Ritu Moni, Disha Biswas, Marufa Akter, Sanjida Akter Meghla, Rabeya Khan, Sultana Khatun, Salma Khatun, Fahima Khatun

India – Harmanpreet Kaur (C), Smriti Mandhana (VC), Deepti Sharma, Shafali Verma, Jemimah Rodrigues, Yastika Bhatia (WK), Harleen Deol, Devika Vaidya, Uma Chetry (WK), Amanjot Kaur, S Meghana, Pooja Vastrakar, Meghna Singh, Anjali Sarvani, Monica Patel, Rashi Kanojiya, Anusha Bareddy, Minnu Mani

Players to watch out:

Nigar Sultana

The 25-year-old batter has played 72 T20Is and scored 1461 runs, with her highest score being 113* at a strike rate of 26.08. Nigar played a crucial role in Bangladesh’s recent tour of Sri Lanka and will continue to be vital for the team’s success.

Also Read:  Preview: Challenger – Melbourne Renegades vs Adelaide Strikers | Fantasy Playing XI | Players to watch | Squad

Nahida Akter

The 23-year-old spinner in 64 T20I innings has taken 74 wickets. In addition, she has made valuable contributions with the bat, scoring 81 runs in 21 innings. Nahida recently showcased her skills in the Emerging Teams Asia Cup and had a remarkable campaign, consistently taking wickets.

Harmanpreet Kaur

The 34-year-old batter has played 151 T20Is, accumulating 3058 runs, with her highest score being 103 and as a part-time bowler, she has taken 32 wickets. Harmanpreet recently participated in the Women’s Premier League and displayed exceptional performance throughout the tournament.

Deepti Sharma

The 25-year-old all-rounder has in 66 T20Is, has scored 941 runs, and struck 102 wickets in 90 outings. However, Deepti had a disappointing performance at the WPL, which was in stark contrast to the high standards she has set in international cricket.

Pitch:

The Shere Bangla National Stadium features a typical sub-continent track that predominantly favors spinners, making it a challenging surface for batters, also reflected in the average score of 105. However, batters who’ve shown resilience and discipline, have managed to notch up big scores.

Weather:

With scattered thunderstorms foreseen and a high chance of rain at 55% during the match hours, the likelihood of a complete game being played is slim. The temperature is forecasted to be in the early 30s, with light winds and a humidity level of 76%.

Fantasy playing XI:

Nigar Sultana, Yastika Bhatia, Jemimah Rodrigues, Shafali Verma, Sobhana Mostary, Harmanpreet Kaur, Deepti Sharma, Salma Khatun, Pooja Vastrakar, Nahida Akter, Fahima Khatun

Match details:

Date – July 9, 2023

Time – 1:30 PM IST

Also Read:  1st ODI: Bangladesh vs India | Squads | Players to watch | Fantasy Playing XI | Live streaming

Venue – Shere Bangla National Stadium, Dhaka

Broadcast – All games of the bilateral series will be live-streamed on the Bangladesh Cricket Boards Facebook page and YouTube Channel.

Join Our WhatsApp Channel Join Now
Follow us on Instagram Join Now

Liked the story? Leave a comment here