Match 7 – Punam Raut help Kini RR Sports beat Sheen Sports by 12 Runs

The seventh match of the T20 India Nippon Cup was played between Kini RR Sports and Sheen Sports at Samprasiddhi Sports Estadio, Bangalore, on January 8, in the morning.

Rakshitha Krishnappa, captain of Sheen Sports, won the toss and elected to field first. Put in to bat, Kini RR Sports piled up a modest score of 128-9 in 20 overs. The opening bat Roshni Kiran (35) and number three batter Punam Raut (40) came together after the fall of Vellaswamy Vanitha (6) in the very first over. Kiran and Raut stitched a 63-run partnership for the second wicket to set a solid foundation. Coming in at number four, wicket-keeper bat Nuzhat Parween (28) played well alongside Raut.  However, after the fall of their wickets, there was a batting collapse and Kini RR Sports could just manage a humble score. For Sheen Sports, it was off-spinner Deepti Patil, who was the pick of the bowlers, as she scalped 4-18 in her four overs. Sharma found an able ally in skipper Rakshitha Krishnappa, who struck with 3-27 in her four.

Punam Raut awarded Player of the Match
Punam Raut awarded as Player of the Match

In reply, Sheen Sports chasing 129 were reduced to 115-6 in 20 overs, losing the match by 12 runs. Sheen Sports, who had not lost a single game so far, went down to Kini RR Sports, courtesy, a collective batting failure. NuzApart from opening bat Vrinda Dinesh (38) and middle-order bat Deepti Sharma (24), none of the other batters looked in shape. The otherwise powerful batting line-up of Sheen Sports that consists of Jemimah Rodrigues as well was kept at bay by Kini RR Sports bowlers, who kept coming at them. Skipper Challuru Prathyusha was the star performer with the ball for Kini RR Sports as she accounted for 2-17 in her four overs.

Also Read:  Match 2: Deepti Sharma's excellent all-round show helped Sheen Sports defeat Kini RR Sports

Kini RR Sports’ Punam Raut won the Player of the Match award for her match-winning knock of 40 in 32 balls.

Both the teams will play their next match on Saturday at the same venue. Sheen Sports will play against Ameya Sports, while Kini RR Sports will lock horns against Heron Sports.

Brief Scores: Kini RR Sports 128-9 in 20 overs (P Raut 40, R Kiran 35; D Sharma 4-18, R Krishnappa 3-27) beat Sheen Sports 115-6 in 20 overs (V Dinesh 39, D Sharma 22; C Prathyusha 2-17) by 12 runs

Points Table

Position Team Played Won Lost Tied No result Points Net run rate
1 Kini RR Sports 4 3 1 0 0 6 +0.175
2 Sheen Sports 4 2 1 0 1 5 +0.334
3 Ameya Sports 3 1 2 0 0 2 -0.493
4 Heron Sports 3 0 2 0 1 1 -0.133

Updated after Match 7

You can watch the Complete Match on our YouTube Channel. Click here to watch Match 7.

I am a former cricketer having represented Mumbai University at All India University level. I was a part of MCA probables for the U-19 and U-23 age group. I have been an avid cricket writer for the last five years. Currently I am pursuing my Ph.D from IIT Bombay.

Join Our WhatsApp Channel Join Now
Follow us on Instagram Join Now

Liked the story? Leave a comment here