London Spirit in Women’s Hundred 2023 | Complete Squad, Schedule, Players to Watch Out

As cricket enthusiasts eagerly anticipate the excitement of the third season of The Women’s Hundred, the stage is set for another enthralling display of women’s cricket brilliance. Scheduled to commence on 1st August, the tournament promises to showcase some riveting cricketing action. Among the eight dynamic teams gearing up for the competition, London Spirit is ready to unleash their spirits and strive for glory.

London Spirit in Women’s Hundred 2023 | Complete Squad, Schedule, Players to Watch Out

London Spirit’s journey in the previous editions of The Women’s Hundred has been marked by commendable performances and steady progress. In the inaugural season, they made a strong impression, securing a notable 4th-place finish. This achievement catalyzed their determination to climb even higher in the ranks. The London Spirit enters The Women’s Hundred 2023 with a well-balanced squad spearheaded by some influential players from around the globe. With the leadership and expertise of Heather Knight, the team is looking to harness their collective skills and put on a show for their fans.

The presence of overseas stars like Grace Harris and Amelia Kerr adds depth and strength to the batting and all-around abilities of the squad. While Heather Knight remains a pivotal force, her fellow England teammate Sarah Glenn brings her leg-spinning prowess to create trouble for opposition batters. The addition of Richa Ghosh, the young Indian wicketkeeper-batter, further bolsters the team’s power-packed lineup.

As the tournament draws near, the London Spirit management made crucial moves to ensure they have a well-rounded squad. They secured the services of Lauren Filer, the promising England international with an impressive track record in T20 cricket. Known for her pace and ability to pick up wickets, Filer has already made her mark on the international stage and will be a key asset for the Spirit.

Also Read:  New Zealand Women's Cricket Squad for England tour Announced, Amelia Kerr to miss out the series

Squad:

Heather Knight (C), Amelia Kerr, Charlie Dean, Danielle Gibson, Grace Harris, Sarah Glenn, Sophie Munro, Sophie Luff, Grace Scrivens, Tara Norris, Niamh Holland, Richa Ghosh, Lauren Filer, Chloe Hill, Alice Monaghan

London Spirit Schedule for Women’s Hundred 2023:

DATE OPPOSITION VENUE TIME (BST)
02-Aug-2023 Oval Invincibles Lords 15:00
05-Aug-2023 Manchester Originals Old Trafford 11:00
08-Aug-2023 Southern Brave Lords 15:00
12-Aug-2023 Trent Rockets Lords 11:00
15-Aug-2023 Oval Invincibles Kia Oval 15:00
18-Aug-2023 Northern Superchargers Lords 15:00
20-Aug-2023 Welsh Fire Sophia Gardens 14:30
24-Aug-2023 Birmingham Phoenix Edgbaston 15:00

Players to Watch Out:

Charlie Dean said, “I’m going to go for Grace Harris, she is a big overseas signing for us, and Grace Scrivens, who has scored plenty of runs and I don’t doubt that she’s going to score in the summer. We’re shaping up really well. We’ve made some interesting picks in the draft and we’ve gone really spin-heavy. We definitely want to be higher up that table and maybe even win.”

Grace Harris

The consistent all-rounder from Australia, Grace Harris, is a player to rely on in crunch situations. Having amassed more than 200 runs in the Women’s Premier League for UP Warriorz, her ability to perform under pressure makes her a vital cog in London Spirit’s lineup. Whether with the bat or the ball, Harris is a player to watch out for.

Amelia Kerr

The young New Zealand sensation, Amelia Kerr, is a player who demands attention. Her recent performances against Sri Lanka, where she scored 248 runs in the last six matches and maintained an impressive economy of around 6 in T20 cricket, highlight her all-around abilities. Her contributions will be instrumental in determining London Spirit’s fortunes in the tournament.

Also Read:  Shabnim Ismail's hat-trick and Welsh Fire snatch victory from Birmingham Phoenix

Sports have always been a huge part of my life, and having played cricket professionally for my state team, I gained a deeper understanding of what it takes to succeed in the world of sports. With an eye for detail and passion for sports, I’m hoping to make a lasting impact in the sports industry.

Join Our WhatsApp Channel Join Now
Follow us on Instagram Join Now

Liked the story? Leave a comment here